Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

o2ring not detected by PC
RE: o2ring not detected by PC
Was having a similar problem until I realized that the USB cable that comes WITH the ring is REQUIRED - you can't use swap in a similar-looking USB with a Micro-USB tip. I think there's some special circuitry built into the cable to detect the ring.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem. I had to close the VIhealth app on my iphone to allow the O2 insight pro to see the O2 ring. The ring was in bluetooth as long as the VIhealth app was open.
Post Reply Post Reply
What i was referring to was the micro-USB cable I swapped in ... the ring requires the one that it came with to work (see the ring)
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having this same problem. I was downloading the data okay earlier in the year, although I think it was always somewhat temperamental. I have not used it for some months and now I find that it will not connect.

Does anyone here know whether there is a way to identify the Wellue cable (just to make 100% sure that I have the correct one, although I am pretty sure that it is)? When I connect the cable now, it will charge but nothing else.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that the Wellue cable that comes with it is the only one that works for downloading dat. It has a somewhat "robust" USB-A plug thats maybe 1-1/2 - 2 inches long.
Post Reply Post Reply
My cable is grey-ish and about four to five inches. Pretty sure it's just a classic mini-B connector.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thanks very much for your reply Bluesky1958. What exactly do you mean by 'a somewhat robust plug'? Please can you explain more?

I am in my 70s and not always very good with technical terms! Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
The cable most likely is the one in this Amazon link....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HGV...UTF8&psc=1

I've had a couple of these fail and either repaired it or replaced it. The failure has always been one or more of the wires in the cable end that connects to the computer that break off from the solder pad of the circuit board inside the connector case. It breaks from the flexing/bending  of the wire and the connector case when handling it. A few posts back I posted a picture of the connector case opened and showing one of the wires broken off. The wire can be soldered back on if you have the skills to do so.

This is a repaired cable with wires resoldered. There is a glob of hot glue on the wires and case which prevents the wires from flexing and breaking off the circuit board solder pads.

[Image: AcTipNu.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an image comparison of the oximeter USB/HID plug (Left) and a regular USB plug (Right).  Notice the extended length of the USB/HID on the left.  This houses the special electronic circuitry. The cable length is about 55cm (21.5").  Viatom/Wellue do sell replacement cables.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=66023]
- Red

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for your replies and especially for  Crimson Nape for the picture which confirmed which cable is the correct one. I only had 3 cables it could have been, but had become confused about which one was the right one.

Once I knew for certain which cable was the correct one, I looked at other things and eventually managed to solve it. I think somebody mentioned earlier in this thread that the Bluetooth had to be turned off on the computer. I didn't think the Blootootj setting had been changed since I last used the ring, but when I checked I found that it was indeed on. I turned it off - and it worked!

Thanks once again to everyone who answered.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DO NOT use O2Ring. Use Iwearpulse bhavintu79 9 1,142 08-25-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,301 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  [Diagnosis] Would uars be detected/noticed by doctors in a in lab study? Fantasieimpromptu 6 487 07-01-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Using O2Ring when awake Bob Engelhardt 1 275 06-15-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 1,390 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [split] Wellue O2Ring Questions NelsonM 4 776 07-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  O2ring Motion Detection? Windswell 4 1,310 04-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.