Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data?
RE: Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data?
I just looked at the TRTL travel pillow and don't see how that will keep your jaw from dropping. Wow! I just saw the price on Amazon. They really think a lot of their pillow.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They sure do, but I’m rather desperate 

One of the reviewers specifically mentioned he used it with his CPAP to keep his jaw from dropping, so that’s why I ordered it. I also have a long red eye coming up, and it looked useful for that. 

I can’t tell you yet if it works or not though. I got sick and haven’t used CPAP for weeks. I had to cancel my titration study because I was sick, but rescheduled it for end of the month. Hopefully they can help me get back on track.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best of luck and hope you get well soon.

I’ve rather desperate as well. I tried the Trippal travel pillow recommended by Lanky Lefty a little ways back, but found it too thick to sleep with.

I found a soft cervical collar that I think I can tolerate. Going to try that tonight and go back to an old F30 mask rather than Bleep. Hoping that the combo of a collar and the mask covering my lower lip might help.

Will also try with / without mouth tape.

Beyond that, I suppose I’ll bite the bullet and try the Knightsbridge chin strap, but am thinking that my head and chin dropping downward may be my main issue, which a chin strap alone wouldn’t solve.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 91 Yesterday, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 37 1,383 10-14-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Santino
  Fine tuning CPAP newman08 10 447 10-13-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 46 2,559 10-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Mcca21 - OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 16 749 10-10-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 6 413 10-10-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 19 876 10-09-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mttm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.