Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

reducing dust wear of turbine
reducing dust wear of turbine
while watching a video about the resmed-10-successor,
the utuber came across the dust issue.

he said the standard air-filter just stops 75 % of 7 mµ dust
and some BMC.. (what he sais ?) stops 95 % of 2 mµ dust.
and then one can look at anti-bacterial, viral ?

but wouldn't there to much draw with such ?
can there be made an improvement to protect the device
or should it just be left as is ?

could an external air purifier help instead ?
could you recommend one
or even just a filter for putting into an air vent ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: reducing dust wear of turbine
Unless you have an excessive dust, pollen, or mold issue that affects you medically, most external room filters, other than the one in your HVAC system, are unnecessary.

As long as you change your CPAP filter on a reasonable schedule, depending on your environment, there should be no issue with dust in the turbine. My S10 was over 5 years old and there were no significant issues--and minimal dust when the motor was replaced.

Per the Medicare schedule, I receive six Hypoallergenic filters per three-month period and change them twice a month. I specifically requested hypoallergenic filters rather than the standard ones as they appear to have a tighter weave.

Per ResMed...
Standard air filter: Material: Polyester non-woven fiber. Efficiency: >75% for ∼7-micron dust.
Hypoallergenic air filter: Material: Acrylic and polypropylene fibers in a polypropylene carrier. Efficiency: >98% for ∼7 to 8 micron dust. Efficiency: >80% for ∼0.5 micron dust.
During Covid, I had considered cutting up an N-95 mask to use as a filter but was advised that it would make no difference and could actually increase the resistance to incoming airflow.

Best -- Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know if the Dream Wear's large mask is bigger than the F30i's medium? erouting 0 66 10-04-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: erouting
  Understanding graphs and reducing CA's SBHill 7 298 08-16-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CA (cluster?) events not reducing T818 89 9,179 08-16-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question [Pressure] Reducing all other AHI but CA event stay the same? L4BetterSleep 5 330 08-10-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Reducing "chipmunk cheeks"? bjackson 2 503 06-14-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Slicedbread145
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 516 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 606 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.