Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

x-y axis mismatch
RE: x-y axis mismatch
No worries. I'm sorry you had another restless night. I won't be able to tell if the changes actually did anything until I can see the waveform, though. 

Still, that might just be one part of the problem. You said you were restless again. Can you explain what specifically you feel keeps you from getting a solid night of sleep? What is it about the pressure that bothers you? Is the pressure too intense when inhaling? Is the pressure too difficult to exhale against? Does the higher pressure make the mask uncomfortable? Do you wake up multiple times a night for no apparent reason? Is it mainly related to the other things you mentioned in your previous post, such as leak, dry mouth and eyes? Understanding what specifically bothers you will make it easier to make recommendations.

Quote:Do you have a recommendation for a nasal mask.

Sure. I'll list some below.

Dreamwear Nasal Cradle (not the pillows version)
AirFit/AirTouch N20 (AirFit is silicone, AirTouch is memory foam)
AirFit N30
AirFit N30i

I can't recommend the Dreamwear enough, but that's just what I use and not everyone may like it. If you do choose one, finding the right size is going to be the most important thing, obviously. There should be size guides you can print out online for all of these.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: x-y axis mismatch
Still, that might just be one part of the problem. You said you were restless again. Can you explain what specifically you feel keeps you from getting a solid night of sleep? What is it about the pressure that bothers you? Is the pressure too intense when inhaling? Is the pressure too difficult to exhale against? Does the higher pressure make the mask uncomfortable? Do you wake up multiple times a night for no apparent reason? Is it mainly related to the other things you mentioned in your previous post, such as leak, dry mouth and eyes? Understanding what specifically bothers you will make it easier to make recommendations.

"Can you explain what specifically you feel keeps you from getting a solid night of sleep?"  I believe I have "arousals".  I'm neither asleep nor awake.  At times I'm comletely awake after 2 or 3 hours sleep, not always bath room related but since I'm awake I'll go.       High pressure makes it hard to exhale and causes freguent "mask farting".  I've somewhat learned to deal with dry mouth and dry eyes.  

The last 2 nights have gone better:  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palatal prolapse or VAuto misplacement of 0-axis baseline? 2SleepBetta 7 1,244 03-21-2022, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Oscar question re y-axis for flow rate Dormeo 3 1,294 05-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Last Post: snorybob
  AirSense10AutoSet & AmaraView mismatch? bazder 15 3,356 01-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Y axis shifts? PaytonA 15 3,324 08-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Graph of usage time on x axis only Bootstrap 2 1,818 01-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  S9 Serial number mismatch DariaVader 10 4,731 12-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Evpraxia

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.