Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just started 6 days ago!
Just started 6 days ago!
Hello all! I have been on the road to my sleepless journey for far too long now. It has taken 9 years to realize that my poor sleep isnt just me aging. Realizing something wasn't right brought me to bring it up to my dr. My dr figured it was medication related so we went through that route until inevitably it changed nothing and I underwent a sleep study. AHI of 37, worse when supine, at least now I had answers. I have sleep apnea! Not great news but it was news I could deal with! Now I can start working on healing myself! I put a ResMed device through insurance and was denied.... A friend gave me his older AirSense 10. Paid out of pocket for new hose, filters, water chamber, was fitted with a mask (Philips Dreamwear full face) and had the prescription put into the machine (5cm/h2o to 15cm h2o). Went home and started using it immediately while on my pc. Took awhile to get used to it but wasn't bad. The first night was not great, I had leaks and woke several times. To be expected. 3 days in and I was starting to get the hang of it. Raised the minimum pressure to 8cm and the slight claustrophobic feeling disappeared. Much more comfortable now when initially worn. Next day I test positive for COVID, (felt pretty awful and found out several co-workers tested positive.) Following day was rough, feeling horrible. Body aches, fever, headache, etc. Here's the amazing part. I used the CPAP all day resting and I started to dream! I haven't had dreams in FOREVER! My AHI from the first day to COVID was 11-12 nightly. I got my mask leaks ironed out (small tension adjustments looser and a shave), and my AHI plummeted to .4! I was EXCITED! Yes, I felt lousy with COVID but the treatment was working. I was dreaming again too! I then learned about OSCAR and SLEEPHQ and started importing my data for a closer look and I am seeing events that aren't being flagged, which means there's potential to dial in my treatment. (Considering I am on 8-15, auto, no EPR and humidity set to auto I am elated that I am "close" to anything resembling good sleep with so little effort, especially without a titration study done.) I would love it if more seasoned eyes could look at a few nights of OSCAR information and see where I could tweak settings, fitment, any ideas at all. Thank you all in advance as having a community like this for something this intricate is beyond amazing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] ASV AHI between 0-1 but still tired some days Melkarid 4 191 09-24-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Melkarid
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 170 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 7 440 09-20-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  53 days in, what does my data say? FrontRanger 3 198 09-14-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: FrontRanger
  What us going on here two days same settings? Ohiosnoring 4 257 09-09-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Ohiosnoring
  [Diagnosis] Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP R and R 30 1,303 08-28-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  11 days in and on my fifth day of non-stop headaches callisto9 10 583 08-27-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: callisto9

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.