Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

xiaopigu - Help with CPAP Settings
RE: New CPAP user needing help
I saw this thread on Reddit that an increased epr may cause more CAI events. When I was on my Luna, the epr setting was 3 but the pressure would come back in at the end of my breath, and I would have CAI’s under 5. After getting the resmed, the epr was also set at three, but the pressure does not come back until I have fully exhaled.

My hypothesis is that maybe I should lower my epr to 2 and then see what happens to CAI events, as it is easier to breathe on the Resmed than the Luna. That being said, I get waaaay less aerophagia on the Resmed than the Luna on the same settings, but will see.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user needing help
(07-21-2024, 11:44 AM)Deborah K. Wrote: If you have a copy of your sleep study, post a redacted copy here.  If you don't have a copy, ask your doctor to give you one.  They have to give it to you by US law.

Hey Deborah, just posting my sleep study. I just got it today. Looks like I have 1.7 centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting high CAIs every so often

Anyone have any advice on how I can reduce my CAIs? I screenshotted a few of the worst days from OSCAR. I also generally seem to have them at the end of my sleep and have no idea why. I've tried mouth tape and the soft collar before, with no improvements. Once every week or two weeks I get a high event day with over 95% of the events being central. I had no centrals in my sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: xiaopigu - Help with CPAP Settings
xiaopigu  - I have merged your 2 threads that relate to your CPAP journey.  It makes it easier for those that offer advice to see your history in one thread. To provide a more inclusive title, I have renamed it to "xiaopigu - Help with CPAP Settings".

Going forward, please use this thread to post your therapy related questions and OSCAR charts.

Thanks! Smile
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: xiaopigu - Help with CPAP Settings
Will do, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weinmann / Löwenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP: APAP settings: standard vs. dynamic Costas P 7 13,057 09-12-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 498 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help optimizing CPAP settings mluck94 5 412 08-10-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 12 1,528 08-04-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: jtrops
  New to CPAP, request for help with settings. Miles3zd3 0 200 08-04-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Miles3zd3
Question CPAP to apap settings hatbox 3 370 08-03-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Surprised New-ish CPAP user needing help with settings tylerg419 4 350 07-21-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.