Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it.
1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it.
I recently asked for a new reading because i'm not quite happy with how things go at the moment.

A 3 months result came back last week and i'm just not sure how to feel about it since they say that it all looks fine with an average ahi of 4.9 per hour.

I was never diagnosed with cental sleep apnea, only obstructive but yet i do have central sleep apneas every night, sometimes i have more central than obstructive apneas.

I called my neurologist one year ago to discuss the central sleep apnea events but she told me that it was probably due to (too) high pressure so my machine's pressure is now continuous instead of flexible/variable but i still have central apneas.

I also do notice that some nights i have 'cheyne stokes' events and i do not know how or why. 

Can anyone tell me more about the possible reasons for CA/Cheyne stokes? I think there's a link between the two?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it.
Welcome to ApneaBoard Jenn84.  If you want to download OSCAR and post some charts here, then experts can look at it and give recommendations.  OSCAR looks at many different variables during sleep.   Outstanding software.  

In your other thread, Crimson Nape (Red) gives the instructions on how to help your therapy.  Like Red said also, real, true Cheyne - Stokes respirations are very rare to see.  Periodic breathing is much more common.  

As far as central apneas go:  your Dr. was right (partially).  Higher pressure usually does increase CA's.  But if you keep having too many CA's even at lower pressures, then a ventilating type machine (with a back up rate - that will breathe for you when you miss breaths from CA's) will most likely help you more.  No need to get worried or alarmed or anything.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caution - If you have a back up machine Nightynite 11 214 Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Alarming results on oscar Lucy84 13 566 10-01-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar won't read replacement O2 Ring data Greg1582378 1 90 09-29-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 540 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 278,793 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
  Help with Sleep Study Results cjk422 8 307 09-25-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: cjk422
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 121 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.