Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

21y/o Worsened Symptoms with BiPAP after New Diagnoses
RE: 21y/o Worsened Symptoms with BiPAP after New Diagnoses
Looking at your charts, especially the zoomed view, and assuming it is typically of the bulk of your UAevents.
Your UA are caused by arousal, of unidentified cause, and as such it is the Arrousal that is the issue. Most likely you are tossing and briefly holding your breath which is resulting in the event.

Why do you think you are tossing so much?

These arousals are much more obvious in your last charts than your first ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon for the comment.

I have no idea why I would be arousing so much during sleep.

I am particularly pretty comfortable falling asleep and staying asleep (besides waking up after these UA's) and with my equipment as well.

On a physical layer I have zero idea.

The only thing I could hypothesize is if subconscious anxiety could be causing these arousals? (but the sheer number of them would be wild) I don't live in a very nice area and persistently have some anxiety closer to night time related to random sounds and what not, pretty annoying on a subconscious level for me.

Could this maybe be translating into disturbing my sleep in this way or should I look for other causes.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I don't think the anxiety would be a case because I was on vacation for a week early August and was very comfy with that environment with no stress / anxiety and my AHI read just as high those nights (15-30ahi) albeit not having the cervical collar at that point yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me add a possible culprit for your tossing and turning. How is your bed frame and mattress? Given a prior body weight of 247 lbs will, overtime, cause indents, sags and your body impressions into your mattress. Now that you are down to 163 lbs those imposed impressions will not feel and/or fit your new body mass even though you may still feel comfortable. This comfortability you may be feeling with your reformed body could just be years of your familiarity on sleeping on the same mattress albeit at a higher body weight. You are smaller in size now and may need more and/or better mattress support for your positional sleeping. Mattress support could correlate to your changing wardrobe size...What fit than, may not fit now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Epilepsy drug could reduce sleep apnoea symptoms? terumi 0 180 09-10-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: terumi
  [CPAP] Trouble with central apneas and weird symptoms Kevin Scholz 12 645 08-24-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 375 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Symptoms] Asthma like symptoms when using the mask Xavier315 6 327 07-29-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Xavier315
  Sleep Data Much Improved, but Symptoms Unchanged SunMesa 3 288 07-28-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
Question [Health] New BIPAP user, odd symptoms MsNewToThis 4 378 07-02-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Oscar Data, lots of flags, Persistent Symptoms? DougalMcGuire 3 253 06-28-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.