Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP Numbes
APAP Numbes
What are the target numbers for the following:

95.5%

99.5%

Flow Limits

Tidal Volume

Minute Ventilation
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APAP Numbes
Are you asking for actual values for these parameters, or are you asking for their meaning?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am asking for target numbers that I should be trying to reach…
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2024, 05:01 PM)dharris01 Wrote: I am asking for target numbers that I should be trying to reach…
Your flow limit (belonging to 95%) should be below 0.1. The smaller, the better. You can tune it with the setting of your instrument.
The tidal volume and minute ventilation are interrelated. 
The ideal tidal volume is dependent on your BMI, and you can find formulas for it on this forum. But you do not have too many tools to influence it. You cannot change it with your current instrument. There are some limited options with an AirCurve device. Alternatively, you can use the most sophisticated ASV device, which has more control over it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 97 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  APAP VS AP Dynamic larrygreg 14 555 09-15-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Symptoms] Waking up every 3-4 hours with APAP gabitzu 6 220 09-15-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 46 2,861 09-08-2024, 04:34 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 10 362 09-07-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 227 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,482 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.