Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP vs. CPAP - Which One
RE: APAP vs. CPAP - Which One
Is there anyway to tell from my charts as to whether the leaks are coming from my mouth or from the mask leaking? That way I would know which one I need to fix.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the leak rate graph - sharp lines are mask leaks while flat mesa (plateau ) is mouth breathing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thanks. I just don't know what else I can do to fix mouth breathing as I already use the Somnifix mouth strips and a chinstrap. I can understand a mask leaking from tossing and turning in bed while sleeping. I just wish I could maybe find a full face mask that would fit my face without leaking.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2023, 07:24 AM)mawaw1992 Wrote: I just wish I could maybe find a full face mask that would fit my face without leaking.
Call your equipment provider and tell them you need a full face mask that doesn't leak. Keep trying different ones until you find one that works. It's the only way you'll ever make your therapy effective.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You had mentioned about the leaks I am having each night so I need help reading and understanding this chart on Oscar about my Leak Rate graph. It show 2 different sets of lines across it with the one on bottom being in red and the one on top being black. The one on bottom barely goes above 11 but the one on top gets close to 55. What are the differences between those two lines?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 10 144 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 43 2,598 09-04-2024, 09:39 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 203 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,425 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? daBee 33 1,741 08-15-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: daBee
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 9 1,656 08-07-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: donsburg
Question CPAP to apap settings hatbox 3 320 08-03-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.