Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F40 mask questions?
RE: ResMed F40 mask questions?
I've had good results having more than just one mask on hand. It helps me to be able to swap masks out as I feel the need. I typically use one mask for a few weeks. Once I tire of it, I switch to another. That helps to break up the monotony some.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny you should ask about the Evora. While it was a better fit, I've still been having leak problems and they are worsening. I need to fasten the straps so tight they leave marks. I'm going to have to try something else and have a call into my sleep therapist.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started using the F40 mask 3 weeks ago and would fight you for it if you tried to take it away. I have been on CPAP or BPAP for 25-30 years and am now on the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV along with the F40 mask. I don't think I have ever slept better in my life!
Post Reply Post Reply
I gave up on the F40. Ended up being way too tight on my upper lip, affecting my bite, despite adjusting all straps. Now going to try Dreamwear full face (which is a hybrid). How do you find being on an ASV compared with apap and bipap? They want me to go back to the sleep lab (3rd time) to try an ASV; I could not tolerate bipap at lab sleep study. I had gone back to using the Evora for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
What setting do you have your machine on for the Evora? The F40 says to use pillows but the Evora doesnt say
Post Reply Post Reply
Full face with Evora -- that's how the technician set it when I first got the machine/mask. I did try switching it (with Evora) to pillows. It seemed that it was blowing too much air up my nose, so returned it to full face. My pressures are high (12-16 range and still not working too well) and I was told nasal pillows would probably not work well with high pressures. I have adjusted the Evora  head strap at the top to loosen one notch. It's more comfortable, but I am getting more leakage now. Actually, the ResMed F20 would probably be more suited to my needs, but it is dreadfully uncomfortable and I've tried a liner, silicone nose pad etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too, have mine set to "Full Face". I have not experienced any problem in over a year.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Resmed mask yankees123 6 166 Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LFS9000
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 959 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 6 2,515 09-24-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Sis2cher
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 9 1,881 09-15-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: mintjberry
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 204 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 590 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Full Face Mask Questions cnpeters 5 326 08-09-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.