Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
You should treat this issue
Post Reply Post Reply
Which issue specifically
Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal breathing by nasal steroid or by turbinate reduction surgery
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2024, 04:18 PM)Fares otb Wrote: Nasal breathing by nasal steroid or by turbinate reduction surgery

I was using the steroid one but it didn’t make any difference for me
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello guys. Again with the same question. Should I go for the turbinate reduction surgery or the dental device. Please I am still unsure on what to do
Post Reply Post Reply
I've done neither, but given comments about these, the dental devices are hit or miss, more misses. Turbinates have been done by some members, seemingly with better results to breathe overall better than before. It is a surgical procedure, so it has recovery requirements.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 08:48 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I've done neither, but given comments about these, the dental devices are hit or miss, more misses. Turbinates have been done by some members, seemingly with better results to breathe overall better than before. It is a surgical procedure, so it has recovery requirements.

Thanks for the reply dave. My question is, based on my DISE study, do you think it is beneficial for me? I ask because the doctors didnt recommend it for me, it is me just trying to problem solve
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 08:19 AM)Abdulfakih Wrote: Hello guys. Again with the same question. Should I go for the turbinate reduction surgery or the dental device. Please I am still unsure on what to do

Bro you will not git benifet from dental or even pap devices if your nasal breathing while sleeping is blocked or narrowed
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 03:08 PM)Fares otb Wrote: Bro you will not git benifet from dental or even pap devices if your nasal breathing while sleeping is blocked or narrowed

What I have been trying to ask since a few days ago is, do my studies indicate that I have a blocked/narrowed nasal breathing? I did both TAC and DISE. I have sent you the link
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 08:26 PM)Abdulfakih Wrote: What I have been trying to ask since a few days ago is, do my studies indicate that I have a blocked/narrowed nasal breathing? I did both TAC and DISE. I have sent you the link

Anyway if you did turbinate reductions you will feel improvement in your sleep quality but be sure to do it with expert ent to avoid empty nose syndrome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,068 10 hours ago
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,229 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,030 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 711 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,425 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 899 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 136 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.