Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
Abdulfakih - Once again, your threads dealing with your therapy have been merged.   We do not delete threads unless it is spam.  Use THIS thread for all posts concerning your therapy. This is your final warning.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2024, 01:15 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Abdulfakih - Once again, your threads dealing with your therapy have been merged.   We do not delete threads unless it is spam.  Use THIS thread for all posts concerning your therapy.  This is your final warning.
- Red

Hi Crimson, what should I do then? The old threads dont have any interaction whatsoever. I would benefit if I could just delete old threads and create new ones when required
Post Reply Post Reply
Id just stay where your are, your centrals should diminish in a few weeks as your body adjusts to the therapy.  0 AHI is not the goal but feeling well is.  It will take a little bit of time but you will start feeling better.  Great job getting here.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have participated in early threads. When you create a new thread I no longer follow your thread and it looks new. Ask your questions and if someone can help, I'm sure they will. If you go back and review the last page or two of this thread, and understand that as new threads, there was no context, history or participation, it should be clear why you are not getting responses. Keeping your threads together lets us see that history of prior issues and advise. We have many members here seeking help, and no one has the time to review scattered threads to figure out why a question is being asked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello guys,

This is my current situation. Any tips?

A sidenote: I found myself at some point with my mouth open, but it seems there was no leak. I think it might be because the pressure wasnt that strong maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can sleep with your mouth partly open with nasal therapy and still block flow from your airway with the back of the tongue. I can talk, or sip water while under pressure, so once you learn how to control the pressure, lots of things are not a problem. Your results continue to look good, with less than 1-cm of pressure variation and low event rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2024, 09:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can sleep with your mouth partly open with nasal therapy and still block flow from your airway with the back of the tongue.  I can talk, or sip water while under pressure, so once you learn how to control the pressure, lots of things are not a problem. Your results continue to look good, with less than 1-cm of pressure variation and low event rate.

Hello sleeprider, today i feel more tired than yesterday. The only thing i can feedback from my sleep, was the fact that I wokeup maybe 2 times because my mouth was open and it was completely dry. Heres my data for tonight. A question tho, if i get one of those masks that cover the mouth, will that solve my problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Some users of the full face mask still report dry mouth. I suppose it maybe is circulation of air in and back out of the mouth through the throat. That is of course if the mask is actually not leaking externally, which is much more likely.

Full face masks are harder to minimize leaks due to the fact there's more sealing area to get correct.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so confused RN,

I have bought a chin strap a few days ago and i have been using it ever since. I havent changed any setting or anything, and my results are getting worse. I am equally tired as I was before starting CPAP, and my deep sleep hasnt improved at all. What can I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again guys. Situation has not improved. Any tips?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,096 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,231 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,032 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 711 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,425 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 900 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 136 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.