Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
you're getting CAs which shouldn't be caused by the chin strap. and it seems to be helping with the leaks?

you're cutting off the flow limit chart every time, plz resize the graphs so it shows all of it. we need to see the effect of reducing EPR.

now that you've dealt with the leaks i would try epr 2 again to try and help with treatment emergent csa.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes chin straps pull the jaw backward, and it's not ideal then. Does that appear to be happening?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:18 AM)Narcil Wrote: you're getting CAs which shouldn't be caused by the chin strap. and it seems to be helping with the leaks?

you're cutting off the flow limit chart every time, plz resize the graphs so it shows all of it. we need to see the effect of reducing EPR.

now that you've dealt with the leaks i would try epr 2 again to try and help with treatment emergent csa.

Hello Narcil,

Sorry I didnt know. Please find attached the flow timit chart from last night. Overall I still wakeup very tired, I luckily had the same idea to try EPR at 2 last night, but it didnt seem helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:52 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sometimes chin straps pull the jaw backward, and it's not ideal then. Does that appear to be happening?

Honetly i dont think so. I dont like wearing it but i still do. It just feels like a lot of pressure on my head, but it kinda stops the dry mouth. Unfortunately i still feel tired when i wakeup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
I have a questions about CA
Hey guys.

I have recently reached a point where I am using CPAP but I still wakeup tired... According to Oscar, most of my night consists on CA. Due to this, i started playing with some of the settings, including reducing EPR (usually at 3), started reducing at 2, then 1 and then off. However, the CA dont seem to stop.

My question is, how do I eliminate them? Looking at my oscar data there was 1 or 2 days where I had a score lower than 1, however I am not sure how to replicate it. Any tips on how to get rid of CA?
Post Reply Post Reply
Once again, I have merged your therapy related threads into this one.  Please KEEP ALL YOUR THERAPY RELATED POSTS IN THIS THREAD.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2024, 08:41 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Once again, I have merged your therapy related threads into this one.  Please KEEP ALL YOUR THERAPY RELATED POSTS IN THIS THREAD.
- Red

Hello Crimson,

That post was not related to my therapy, just a general question about CA...
Post Reply Post Reply
In your post, you state "I am using CPAP but I still wakeup tired". That is about your therapy.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2024, 08:47 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: In your post, you state "I am using CPAP but I still wakeup tired".  That is about your therapy.
- Red

That is just general context. My question is how to reduce CA, thats it. If you merge it, nobody will reply to my message. This thread is dead unfortunately
Post Reply Post Reply
every time someone posts it goes back to the top.. it's can't be "dead".

i still can't see the FL charts completely so i'm confused.

to your general question about csa, depends is it csa or tecsa? i can't access your sleep study results anymore nor do i speak spanish but sleeprider didn't mention it so it's probably treatment emergent.

too much info about tecsa (PubMed) but the relevant bit is this:

Quote:Currently, the treatment options are to either continue using CPAP assessing whether central apneas naturally resolve (as occurs in > 90% of patients by 3 months2,4–7) or try changing the mode of positive airway pressure (PAP) to either bilevel PAP (BPAP) with a backup rate or adaptive servoventilation (ASV). 

it's a 10y old study so treatment option could have evolved. i believe reducing or turning off epr is the usual first step these days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,096 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,231 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,032 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 711 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,425 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 900 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 136 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.