Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
(06-27-2024, 09:33 AM)Narcil Wrote: every time someone posts it goes back to the top.. it's can't be "dead".

i still can't see the FL charts completely so i'm confused.

to your general question about csa, depends is it csa or tecsa? i can't access your sleep study results anymore nor do i speak spanish but sleeprider didn't mention it so it's probably treatment emergent.

too much info about tecsa (PubMed) but the relevant bit is this:

it's a 10y old study so treatment option could have evolved. i believe reducing or turning off epr is the usual first step these days.

Hello Narcil,

I have deleted the old pictures because i reached the limit. I am attaching last night sleep to you, so we can have a clear view of the graphs. I am not sure if this helps, because i dont know how to include the full graphs all together but please let me know if its good
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah i know about the limit, i had to do the same. you can resize each individual graphs vertically if you put your mouse on the line between them.. i don't think it's any different on macs?

that looks pretty bad with EPR off. at 2 it looked much better? i would switch back to that and hope tecsa goes away soon. hasn't been 3 months yet has it?
Post Reply Post Reply
and this one too
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:53 AM)Narcil Wrote: yeah i know about the limit, i had to do the same. you can resize each individual graphs vertically if you put your mouse on the line between them.. i don't think it's any different on macs?

that looks pretty bad with EPR off. at 2 it looked much better? i would switch back to that and hope tecsa goes away soon. hasn't been 3 months yet has it?

I tried with EPR 2 and even though it wasnt as bad, it still wasnt ideal and I still felt tired AF
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again, EPR in 3 tonight and still same results. I have noticed that I tend to hold my breath unconsciously both during daytime and nighttime. Any clues on what to do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again guys, although it seems its just me these days.

Another awful day full of CA. Idk what to do, but i am extremely tired. Please someone tell me what to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are no settings on the Autoset that can resolve CA events. Your options are either to use a bilevel device that can trigger a breath, or experiment with an EERS modification of your mask. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2024, 08:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are no settings on the Autoset that can resolve CA events. Your options are either to use a bilevel device that can trigger a breath, or experiment with an EERS modification of your mask. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ace_(EERS)

Oh crap, I dont want to have to buy another machine Sad. Why was i not having any events before and now i get so many, i dont understand
Post Reply Post Reply
You might have had CA before the CPAP or it might be the CPAP is enhancing them. Or both. Either way, if you had them before, your focus is now on seeing them in OSCAR. Sometimes, seeing them increased the feel of these events in some. And as is, sometimes you don't know which therapy is your best answer until you try one.

You can attempt to build EERS as mentioned, it would likely reduce the CA by increasing retained CO2. Otherwise yes another machine is needed. Next would be ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto with a high or very high trigger to reduce CA.

You already know your current CPAP cannot help with avoiding the CA, so change is required.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2024, 10:41 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: You might have had CA before the CPAP or it might be the CPAP is enhancing them. Or both. Either way, if you had them before, your focus is now on seeing them in OSCAR. Sometimes, seeing them increased the feel of these events in some. And as is, sometimes you don't know which therapy is your best answer until you try one.

You can attempt to build EERS as mentioned, it would likely reduce the CA by increasing retained CO2. Otherwise yes another machine is needed. Next would be ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto with a high or very high trigger to reduce CA.

You already know your current CPAP cannot help with avoiding the CA, so change is required.

I understand. My question is, why does it happen on random nights, for starters yesterday my ahí was 1.80. 2 days ago was 6 ahi. I don’t understand what’s going on
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,097 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,231 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,032 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 711 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,425 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 900 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 136 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.