Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Pressure Issue
RE: Air Pressure Issue
EPAP Max might need to go up, but we don't know that just yet.

Another option is increase EPAP Max up instead of Min. Give both a short try, see how they feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad freaking news, I left the settings at Epap 5 and 9 with max settings on PS. I went to sleep ok because I think I fell asleep before ramp ended but I woke up about 2 or 3 hours later and I couldn't go back to sleep because the leak was too much. I was trying to inhale and the pressure with which the air comes is too much that it has to leak, when I inhale and I stop machine still trying to push air in, won't stop so when I exhale the machine is still pushing Air towards me. I never had this happen, my stomach has been hurting and bloating and unable to eat because of full ess for a couple of weeks and I don't know if aerophagia might be the case. But I don't know why the machine is behaving that way, if I use Nasal it works fine, ( the bleep eclipse) the others tend to leak some too. I don't know if going to ASV mode is going to do the same try to push more air than I can inhale at that moment or trying to force air when I'm exhaling causing the leaks and the breathing pattern is very disturbed. I'm really concerned, should I bring the max PS down from 16 to 10 or 11? I don't know but I haven't been able to have a full night sleep in long weeks ???
God bless you  Way-to-happy
Post Reply Post Reply
You mention leaks. What were they number wise? Does your mask typically leak a lot? Do you wear the mask tight?

It's not always pressure causing problems, because if the mask is leaking, your ASV will keep the pressure up attempting to compensate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sir I've tried the masks loose, just comfortably tight, a little tighter, all the way till there's no more Velcro and results are the same.

Don't know the numbers need to take the SD out and do all the mumbojumbo to get stats. Also I used to sleep on my side, can't now because of pressure ulcers but it didn't have this issue. When on my side my mouth doesn't drop as low and for some reason leaks are unnoticeable. Now that I'm forced to sleep on my back every time my mouth drops open the masks started leaking, if I close my mouth I feel the leak subside substantially. I can't do chinstraps because they push my chin back instead of up causing congestion and my mouth to still drop. Cervical collar wouldn't let me even lay down comfortably. Mouth tape my mouth still opens A little but air doesn't go in nor out ( good for using with nasal ) but the only nasal that has worked is the Bleep. The Solo mask PILLOWS dig into my septum just like the Nova Micro. The cushion of the Solo I have to use wide and it leaks. The Eson 2 since it's enclosed causes the same issue as if using a FFM. Haven't tried the P10 but I don't know if that thing up my nose will cause same panel as the pillows from Solo and Nova. I wouldn't mind using nasal and tape it the thing is the only that seems to work is the bleep and since I get hospitalized a lot nurses won't go through all the taping the nose, the mouth etc. just came out of it and had issues just to have my mouth taped. I'm going crazy
Post Reply Post Reply
I can relate to mouth dropping wide open sleeping on my back (verified in my sleep study).  I don't like the feeling of the back of a collar jutting into my neck either at night.  Most people don't mind it though.   I found a couple of collars that have the back cut out (more comfortable for me). They don't make either one anymore, so an internet search may be the only way to find anything close.   Also, I cut the back out of a regular foam collar and got some velcro and made my own strap.  When the collar is tall enough, it keeps my chin from dropping and mouth from opening (2 wins).  

Your call if you want to try this set up or not.  YMMV.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds interesting but a project for me since I'm disabled. I'll try I search but let's see because I like the pillow I sleep on. The CPAP coolflex pillow, so comfortable
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2024, 04:39 PM)Jay51 Wrote: I can relate to mouth dropping wide open sleeping on my back (verified in my sleep study).  I don't like the feeling of the back of a collar jutting into my neck either at night.  Most people don't mind it though.   I found a couple of collars that have the back cut out (more comfortable for me). They don't make either one anymore, so an internet search may be the only way to find anything close.   Also, I cut the back out of a regular foam collar and got some velcro and made my own strap.  When the collar is tall enough, it keeps my chin from dropping and mouth from opening (2 wins).  

Your call if you want to try this set up or not.  YMMV.

Looks like it would work

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It may work.  The other 2 I have seen are the Eliminator and Dr. Dakota sleep collars.  You might find one on ebay by chance, but I have not seen any new ones produced in a few years.  You can internet search these 2 also.  

Take careful note of the size of these as well.  Measure from your chin to your sternum bone in your chest to get an accurate measurement.  If the collar is too small, it wouldn't keep the chin from tucking or mouth from opening.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased 2 on Amazon, they "look" quite comfortable, I got medium if they work perfect if not I'll return them that's the good thing. If they work but I'd too big or small will also change it.

Knightsbridge chin cap was disappointing. That thing kept moving forward on me this moving the mask with it and over my eyes. Nice feature but didn't work. Waiting on another type of chinstrap I bought to see if it works.

Too bad the darn eliminator with the chin bridge is not found anywhere. Why they stopped making them ??
Also bought this chinstrap to see ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure whey they stopped making the Eliminator.  You may find one on ebay sometime in the future.  Maybe the chinstrap will help you.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large SpO2 drop when starting sleep....issue or not? THEVGE 2 91 10-23-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Question CPAP + O2 Concentrator Issue? mogulman 15 641 10-17-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  02ring (Wellue) issue Blubarb 5 220 10-05-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Blubarb
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 436 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 218 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 2,010 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Mask Seal issue HarveyCPAP 2 272 09-11-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: HarveyCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.