Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air!
RE: Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air!
(07-27-2024, 09:45 AM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Post Oscars. Exact instructions are in the menu. Then folks can see how settings play out in your sleep. It’s the best (only) way to get sound settings advice, because it’s data-based for every sleeping moment.

Turn off SmartStart! It’s been messing people up. Even my DME says so. My SmartStart stops but doesn’t start.

Can you please explain why No for this function and how Smart Start missed people!! Never read that before!

Do you mean because of the CA, because I never had issues with it with OA
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no problem with the Smartstart function on the Resmed and have used it for years to automatically turn the device on and off. When I used a Philips System One, I found the autostart was not well implemented. The Trigger Sensitivity on very-high is what you want to get the cue to breathe. It works by reducing the amount of flow needed to spontaneously trigger IPAP, and normally acts as a stimulus to breathe. We have used this hack for years to resolve centrals.

If you are no longer using Philips and have moved to a Resmed Vauto, please update your profile. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had no issues with Smart Start on my ResMed VAUTO,

This was my daily report exactly one month ago, June 27...  I need to understand what can change in a month... Me or Machine?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It could be your tolerance to PS. Try reducing PS to 4.0, and EPAP min pressure to 10.0. Use Trigger Sensitivity on Very-High. Your CA should clear right up. You don't need that minimum pressure of 14 because there are no obstructive issues, and with the lower pressure, you can probably turn off Ramp.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@weld3z Responding to your question.

I defer to more experienced posters ^^^ on the technical perspective of Smart Start. At this point, I don't want to muddy the waters in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Amazing what a few simple settings changes can make such a difference.  In the three nights since I made the recommended changes, all reports have been below 5 AHIs. This one is the best.

Thanks to all who offered some great advice.  Too bad my sleep doctor isn't as well versed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oopsie, your chart fell off in the Ethernet... Oh OK there it is

Transporter a bit slow I guess, more power Mr. Scott.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2024, 07:52 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Oopsie, your chart fell off in the Ethernet

It appears the forum is a glitchy as OSCAR...  I was offered "Update" Thread instead of "Save Changes"

----------

As I understand it, more than 99% of all Apnea folks are Obstructive, with a very scant number with Central.  As I read other Oscar charts here, I notice a large percentage with Centrals, far more than should be expected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Until recent, most of my events were Central Apnea, before CPAP is introduced.

My current test score is 7 CA to 18 OA, no mixed. In 2017, this was different at 124 CA to 24 OA. Both PSG diagnostic pre-CPAP machine Titration.

Your results aren't bad, congrats. Feeling better for them yet, or a bit more comfortable?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that your pressure starts lowish and very soon shoots up much higher.  Are you using ramp?  If so, turn it off.  Your therapy will be better if you do so. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,972 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 244 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 209 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 271 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 300 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 151 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 203 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.