Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea Events less then 10 Seconds
Apnea Events less then 10 Seconds
I took a closer look at my data, and see that although I only have maybe 1-2 apnea events per night, I am having these similar to apnea type events (for around 6-8 seconds), around 10 times an hour.

I've marked it with red arrows in the attachment.

Any ideas what it is, and how I can fix it, because I still don't feel rested even with <0.5AHI consistently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea Events less then 10 Seconds
I would raise my ps 4 and my max to 9.  That is not a large  change but it should help with the flow limits...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no flow limits in the zoomed examples that are being shown. Wouldn't that make these central apneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
They could be central and if they are your aircurve has a trigger setting that has helped people with centrals.  you could try setting the trigger to high or very high and that has shown to improve central apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I figured out a way to get OSCAR to show events between 7 and 9 seconds (with 50% restriction). '

Although my AHI is low, that's only for <10sec events, but I still have so many events 7-9 seconds long. How do I treat this, and if its not "apnea" by definition, what is it?

Edit: It's marked as UF1 in the event flags section, and on the flow rate is the light color one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you wish, you can change the UF1 and UF1 labels to something more descriptive. To do this, go to File (OSCAR on a Mac) > Preferences > Events and look down the list for "User Flag #". The label can be changed in the 4th column to the right by double-clicking on it and entering something else.

Remember to keep it simple and short. I would advise against something like "Minor Respiratory Obstruction". It's a little wordy. Big Grin
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 23 1,025 1 hour ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Are these snoring and reras events noteworthy? Phaleronic 0 37 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 38 1,462 10-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 7 494 09-30-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: zood
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 312 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  24 CA events, I am practically worried. Ddobson85 4 265 09-30-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Newbie: CA events alangrima 3 250 09-25-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: alangrima

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.