Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BeC CPAP Machine - Self Prescribed
BeC CPAP Machine - Self Prescribed
Hi there,

I have been struggling with sleep apnea for a while now. My apple watch’s sleep apps tell me that I have a very high level of breathing disruptions. I wake up many times a night gasping for air (like I forgot to breathe). I wake up in the morning like I have been running a Marathon. I’m 30 years old, obese.

I got a referral for a sleep study but the earliest appointment is in October.

Since CPAP machines here in Canada are sold on amazon and don’t require a prescription, I got one to see if I feel better using it.

Are you familiar with Blue Echo Care CPAP machine? It has APAP features. I set the range 8-15. I was only able to get adjusted to the full mask as the nasal mask and nasal pillow made me feel like I can’t breathe properly (I struggle with congestion many days).

I use humidity level 4.

Is there anything I should know besides pressure, humidity, belex (exhale support), and air warmth in set up?

I know it’s not ideal to self prescribe, but I felt it’s better like this than not use anything at all.
I was finally able to wear it for a full night when I switched to a full face mask.

What software can I use to check the sleep data on the SD card? 

Any recommendations to change settings in any other way? Is BeC a good machine?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BeC CPAP Machine - Self Prescribed
Welcome

Never heard of BeC and their website doesn't say anything about software and it's not compatible with oscar. the novelty of the machine seems to be the large screen so you can "inspect waveforms" directly on it, so maybe you don't need software and can do everything on the device?

However these sounds like reasonable starting settings. did you turn on exhale support then? i find it helps a lot with comfort.

looking at amazon.ca you paid close to 1000cad for it? seems a bit of a shame to me when you could have gotten an online sleep study (and a prescription) and the best machine on the market (airsense 10) for close to that or less. but i assume it's too late now? i cringe a little bit when their marketing argument on their front page is "as seen on FOX NBC ABC"  Oh-jeez

Anyways good luck with therapy i'm sure the machine is fine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well this is a rebranded byond resfree cpap I think you need to call their service helpline for software if they provide
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually might consider returning it. I have a 60 days trial period.
I found out that it’s just a rebranded chinese machine.

I’m trying to get a sleep study scheduled sooner, this way at least the private insurance pays for the machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
Might not be what you want to hear, but if you can get rid of all your excess weight, it could potentially do wonders for the severity of your SBD.

I've never heard of that machine. My advice is to return it and make your life way easier by just getting a Resmed product. If you're looking to save money, try looking on used marketplaces. A silver lining to all the 'PAP failure' out there is that the used market is flooded with barely used machines. Personally, I would never buy a new machine. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 152 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 275,915 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
  [Equipment] Looking to buy my own CPAP machine mrjeswan 5 284 08-28-2024, 06:43 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 9 1,063 08-17-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  (Canada) Air transat saying a CPAP machine is counted as a carry on deadboy 19 938 08-12-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Motorcycle bag for CPAP machine and Mask Hernla01 7 256 08-06-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 12 1,379 08-04-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: jtrops

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.