Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar?
Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar?
I have been trying to use a soft cervical collar and I cannot get comfortable I am going to try and buy a different one maybe 4 inches is too tall for me but I still cannot get comfortable especially my pillow seems to just make it so uncomfortable an suggestions for what pillows to use or how to make it more comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar?
I got the cheapest one from Ikea. I like their Queen size pillows, too. IIRC pillowcase and pillow were quite a bit under $15.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the pillows like the one I use from Coop Home Goods that have the shredded memory foam so that you can adjust the height of the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
The most important thing with collars is getting the sizing correct. The attached drawing may help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think a pretty soft, fairly flat pillow would help.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope that you find the correct pillow.  If not, I have used the Eliminator collar (has no back to it.  Just C shaped.  With straps.  So no pressure on the back of my neck that feels like sleeping on a brick.  

I have cut out the back of multiple collars I have and extended the velcro straps so much more comfortable to me.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah okay thanks maybe 4 inches high is too much for me and why it's so uncomfortable I'll have to check
Post Reply Post Reply
It's probably going to be a case of trial & error, in regards to finding the right pillow.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely this whole cpap journey has been nothing but trial and error lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2024, 10:49 AM)Jay51 Wrote: I hope that you find the correct pillow.  If not, I have used the Eliminator collar (has no back to it.  Just C shaped.  With straps.  So no pressure on the back of my neck that feels like sleeping on a brick.  

I have cut out the back of multiple collars I have and extended the velcro straps so much more comfortable to me.

Jay, I can't find the Eliminator in stock anywhere?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 7 3,819 5 hours ago
Last Post: Macka
  Help with cervical colar Lanners 2 99 09-29-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: eok361
  personal effect of soft cervical collar eok361 5 229 09-26-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dodies
Ohmy [Treatment] AHI skyrockets when going from double to single pillow?! Cpapaya 5 366 09-25-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,544 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Cervical Surgery needs new mask DEJONES1954 4 222 09-07-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: DEJONES1954
  Preventing positional apneas, flat pillow or not? Newcpaper 7 376 08-27-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.