Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Autoset doesn't do much for me -- with one exception
Autoset doesn't do much for me -- with one exception
So I'm using Autoset to manage my sleep apnea, and usually I feel no better than if I wasn't on CPAP.

With one exception -- which is when I take GABAergic compounds such as magnesium before bed. Then I actually feel rested in the morning!

Apparently this is because magnesium and other such substances decrease your arousal threshold. Paradoxically, they also relax the muscles and would worsen obstructive sleep apnea on their own! But when paired with CPAP, they have a good effect on me.

This all raises the question of why I'm still having excessive arousals, of course. 

Here is my data from my nearly 2 weeks of using CPAP on Autoset:

Average pressure: 6.14
95% pressure: 7.96

I've attached the OSCAR graphs from last night.

I believe I should manually set the minimal pressure to my average 95% pressure, based on what I've read. But what do you think?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autoset doesn't do much for me -- with one exception
Those pressure spikes could be causing arousals. I would consider tightening the pressure range. I would try a 6 to 8 setting, with no ramp.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the speedy advice! I'll do this and let you know how it goes
Post Reply Post Reply
I would help if you changed your Oscar chart just a little. We need to see the following, in the order listed: Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Flow Limits. We need to see to the very bottom of the flow limits. Thanks!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please recommend a facial mask that doesn't touch the bridge of the nose. Asjb 5 164 10-01-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Asjb
  Prisma Smart doesn't increase pressure mark123456 4 183 09-28-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 10 Autoset Too Much Pressure? MiRock72 7 300 09-24-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: MiRock72
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 372 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 10 2,106 08-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  BiPAP doesn't work anymore ohno 1 215 08-22-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Resmed AS10 doesn't intervene for long OA events? pixpop 11 507 07-17-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.