Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data
Question 
Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data
Hi Smile Im 35, male, height 180, weight 80kg, dont smoke and drink, but have allergies and stuffed nose. I snore really loud each night and go to the bathroom every night for 1-2 times. For the last couple of years I was feeling very tired and my sleep was bad. Last week I eventually made a sleep study (doctor wired me up and send me to sleep at home), and the test showed that I have mild sleep apnea of 5 AHI, and 11 AHI, if I’m sleeping on my back. Test also showed that I stopped breathing for several times during the night, from 12 to 52 seconds each time.

I also have a severe dust mites allergy (which i didnt know, but doctor made an allergy test for me). So because of the allergy, I have a stuffed nose at night, and it is one of the reasons I have a bad sleep, because I couldnt properly breathe trough my nose.

So doctor gived me ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet machine to try and see how it goes and if it’s helps me with my sleep.

The settings was autoset with 4-6 pressure. I also using a nasal mask and some nasal spray to help me to breathe through the nose (doctor prescribed this spray when he gived me CPAP machine).

The first night I slept awful, probably just couple of hours. I was struggled to exhale and I swallowed lots of air which caused lots of burping and bloating. I googled what could be wrong and tried to set the pressure a bit up, to help to exhale, and also tried to sleep not so slouched, like i always do, (like an embryo), because I read that it could be possible reason for the air swallowing.

This helped. Last night I slept for around 5 hours (around 8 hours in bed total), and I think i didnt swallow any air at all. I also stopped to struggle to exhale with this settings: pressure Min 6.0 Max 6.0, ERP Full time, ERP level 3.

Today I slept from midnight to 9, but struggled to fall asleep the first three hours. I felt like im drifting off to the sleep, then I saw just a moment of the sleep, and then i felt and heard some strange pulsing from the machine, like rhytmical ‘pfft-pfft-pfft’, and then I woke up. I experienced this countless times during the first part of the night. I tried to explore and stop breathing intentionally, and the machine started to make this pff-pff-pff sounds again after some time. I touched the mask during this times, and felt that air comes off the mask in this intervals, pulsing. What is this phenomen? Is this okay? Looks like the machine just wakes me up with this air pulsing, but why its doing that? What is the purpose of this pulsing?

Well, anyway, after couple of hours I eventually drifted off to the dreamless sleep, and slept for around 4-5 hours, without waking up. At morning I woked up a bit tired and not so rested, but I guess its fine for now, and it'll get better with time, when i get used to the machine.

So now I’m looking for the help of the forum to help me to understand what actually is going on? I’m providing the OSCAR charts for you to see. What am I looking at? Am I ok? Where to go from here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 1,008 4 hours ago
Last Post: alemon
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 66 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 361 10 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 78 Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 174 Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 2 140 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 3 102 09-05-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cpapillon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.