Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with deep sleep and general data (Lowenstein Prisma)
Help with deep sleep and general data (Lowenstein Prisma)
Hello, hope you all can help. I've been using a lowenstein prisma with nasal pillows for 6 months and although the numbers seem good (i think...), I'm still so sleepy in the morning and often during the day. I notice big fluctuations in my deep sleep (compare high deep sleep picture to vs low deep sleep picture) and overall events but not sure how accurate this data is? I've also noticed an increase in RERA events where I used to have a lot of vibratory snores instead. My AHI in my sleep study was 60 and now I'm averaging 0.5/1 so it's obviously doing something.

My settings are:

Apap min 7, max 20
Humidity/ heat level 3

Any suggestions why my deep sleep fluctuates heavily, why I'm seeing an increase in RERA events (also what do they mean?) and any suggestions on improvements to make to my settings/ general observations?

Thanks in advance - my doctor/ service don't seem to care other than saying 'the numbers look good'.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with deep sleep and general data (Lowenstein Prisma)
Welcome to ApneaBoard, Usernameissleepy2396.  You have some mask leaks (not too terribly bad, but they could be contributing to your problem of deep sleep).  Try these tips to see if anything improves in your OSCAR charts.  

Settings might be able to be tweaked a little bit later, but try this first.  

Mask Primer
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jay51. Strange because I don’t notice any leaking at all (apart from when I tried a full face mask and couldn’t get a seal due to facial hair) but looking at that chart there does seem to be some correlation. I’ll try loosening my nasal pillow fit and see if that helps at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have quite a bit of flow limitations going on as well as the leaks. You need some pressure support to help with that.

Onto the machine reporting, it estimates “deep sleep”, so don’t get caught up on the numbers. 

Give your sleep hygiene a good once-over as well. We can all improve it.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene

Try these settings for a few nights as well.

Min pressure 8
Max pressure 12
SoftPAP 2

That should hopefully feel more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried those updated settings and tried loosening my nasal pillow but I think I loosened too much and had some leakage and quite a disturbed sleep. Will give it another try tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weinmann / Löwenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP: APAP settings: standard vs. dynamic Costas P 5 12,205 07-30-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  Sleep Data Much Improved, but Symptoms Unchanged SunMesa 3 161 07-28-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  Löwenstein USA Users, I seek advice WarDaddy427 0 115 07-25-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: WarDaddy427
  Importing O2 & Sleep Stage data into OSCAR?? David424 13 616 07-24-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: David424
  Lowenstein Diesel Poland 1 153 07-17-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Diffrence between prisma smart vs 20a michelbeaini 3 2,947 07-15-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  [CPAP] Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment woives 10 426 07-15-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: woives

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.