Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep.
Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep.
Hello all, I am 25, and have been using the CPAP for about 5 years or so. I am just having really crappy sleeps and it feels like I have never gotten it right. The machine does not report many apneas but when I look into the flow rates, there is many spikes it seems like. Would anybody be able to offer some insights? I have some pictures at different settings i'd like to share.

Mask: resmed airfit p30i nasal pillows. I use mouth tape every night.
pictures are in order as follows:

Pressure: 8-11, EPR 3 full time:

Pressure constant 11, EPR OFF:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but many arousals, crappy sleep.
Welcome to the forum snewmy Smile

You are having CA events on both charts-were you diagnosed with with CSA/OSA mixed or straight OSA? Do you feel a difference between the modes regarding your sleep? I personally sleep the best (deepest) using cpap.

Are you sleeping on your sides on a flat pillow?

I would suggest using cpap mode but turn up the pressure to 13cm and turn EPR on @ 1, try it tonight for 30 minutes or so before bed to see what you feel at that pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2024, 11:24 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: Welcome to the forum snewmy Smile

You are having CA events on both charts-were you diagnosed with with CSA/OSA mixed or straight OSA?  Do you feel a difference between the modes regarding your sleep?  I personally sleep the best (deepest) using cpap.  

Are you sleeping on your sides on a flat pillow?  

I would suggest using cpap mode but turn up the pressure to 13cm and turn EPR on @ 1, try it tonight for 30 minutes or so before bed to see what you feel at that pressure.

Hello! Thanks a lot for your reply. I was just told that i "had sleep apnea" and was given a APAP with a setting of 5-20 pressure x.x.

I tried what you suggested last night. My AHI is much higher now, but i "think" i feel more rested today. i'm not decided yet though, haha.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 10:29 AM)snewmy Wrote: Hello! Thanks a lot for your reply. I was just told that i "had sleep apnea" and was given a APAP with a setting of 5-20 pressure x.x.

I tried what you suggested last night. My AHI is much higher now, but i "think" i feel more rested today. i'm not decided yet though, haha.

Okay Smile

Let's give it a few more nights at this pressure, you're still having CA events lined up some clustered, are you sleeping on your sides as much as possible, and not propped up?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 3 215 09-14-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ravman
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 263 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  [CPAP] Help determining cause of arousals coutherino 0 202 08-18-2024, 06:15 AM
Last Post: coutherino
  optimizing pressure for CA's and arousals Tom Tranquilo 11 725 07-11-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Tom Tranquilo
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 392 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [Symptoms] Mysterious Arousals freakyfrog 17 1,365 06-21-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Does 10 EEG arousals/hour mean sleep apnea? BigWing 0 224 06-12-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.