Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose
Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose
What are the benfits of having the hose on the top or the bottom? Bottom hoses seem intrusive, but I've only dealt with hoses on the top. What suggestions could you give if you’re using the top or bottom one so the hose doesn’t get in the way. Thanks in adavance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose
If you are referring to the hose connection location, then I prefer the lower connection.  This is due to the increased noise, caused by the air turbulence of the air as it passes by my ears, on top hose mount masks.  Many here like the sound and relate it to having a white noise to drown out other distractions.

Potāto  -  Potăto

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bottom hose connection seemed more direct air delivery, but for me it pulled on mask more. At least before I was using a hose holder.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Top-of-head is my preference (Dreamwear nasal cushion or N30i). Don’t really hear the added air turbulence any longer. I can turn over in bed without concerning myself about the tube. I also wear earplugs. I just like that there is so much out there to choose from.
Post Reply Post Reply
The top mount hoses tend to pull up on my mask so it always crushes the bottom of my nose. The bottom mount hoses pull down and keep it from riding up.

I would LOVE to be able to tollerate the F30i
Post Reply Post Reply
My first mask was an F30 (hose in front). My second was an F30i, and my third a P30i (hose on top). I very much prefer the hose on top, as I sleep in all kinds of positions. The sound of the air in the tubes is not disturbing to me. Interestingly enough, I am usually on my side while awake, and I alternate between a memory foam cervical pillow and a buckwheat pillow. If I am on my back or using the memory foam, I hear nothing at all. If I am on my side using the buckwheat, the sound is quite loud.

The features of this mask I like best are: 
  • The quick-connect function allows me to keep the mask on my face the whole night. This is great for me because getting it situated just right requires a mirror and more time than I want to devote to that in the middle of the night. I rarely get up, but still…
  • The swivel connector allows me to change positions without interference.
  • The hose on top means I don’t have any hardware in front of my face. I hated having that hose come out of my face and drag across my neck or the side of my head when I switched from my right to left side. (Machine is on the right.)
  • The straps on the F30 were uncomfortable and I always woke up with marks on my cheeks. That doesn’t happen with the x30i masks.
  • I wear glasses and read in bed. This mask has a clear line of sight. There are no distractions, which was not the case with the hose in front.
  • It’s very easy for me to forget that I have a mask on with the current setup. 

The downside: I wish the headgear was a little more stable, as the single band tends to slide around on me. Not much, but I wish it felt more secure.

All in all, I like my current mask so much that I will probably not try anything else for a long time. I think I will always go with a tube-on-top configuration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Suggestions for
Hello everyone. I am needing some suggestions and someone else's experience with this. I don't really know any other people with this same issue so I wanted to see if any of you guys have had a similar experience to mine. 

So what happens is that I keep waking up in the middle of the night, 5-7 times with my cpap machine still one. I'm not gasping for air, however it has affected my sleep in a very severe way. I wake up feeling not well rested, irritable, tired and overall unwell. Is this still part of having sleep Apnea?

I just would like to know what can be done to mitigate this, or if any one has any suggestions on how to improve on this. Thank you all in advance, this group has been amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions for
Either the machine, via leak or other disturbance, or your obstructed airway is waking you up. Share OSCAR data here and we can have a look to see if there's anything that stands out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions for
Hey! I so much appreciate that. I will check out your YT channel and subscribe. Thanks a lot man.
Post Reply Post Reply
F30i Full Face Mask by Resmed Top/Bottom Hose

[Image: sleep-blog-How-to-fit-AirFit-F30i-CPAP-m...med-uk.jpg]

Hello everyone! I have been trying to figure out if there's another version of the F30i mask where the hose comes from the bottom instead of the top. I wake up way too often with this mask but it's the mask I like the most out of all of the ones I have tried. Does anyone know which mask that would be? 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 start leaking from bottom kerm007 0 70 10-14-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: kerm007
  ResMed Airsense 11 heated hose buggy285 6 363 09-28-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  P10 nasal 15mm connected to 19mm hose? Stubert 2 192 09-25-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] overnight cover: machine, hose and mask? seepapnyc 9 366 09-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
Question [CPAP] Can't get to the bottom of my congestion. Yeliad 17 1,488 08-31-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? Hmm888 9 8,573 08-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  hose sliding off mask Dawei 16 15,746 07-26-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: amx1966

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.