Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone help with AHI score for MyAir? It changes throughout the night awake.
Can someone help with AHI score for MyAir? It changes even when awake.
The other night I slept about 3 hours.  Had to use the bathroom so turned the APAP off and the score came up as 0.5 (then within seconds went up to 0.8).  I put it back on after but couldn’t fall back asleep.  Then I noticed the air got stronger and I couldn’t breath in an out so I turned it off and on again.  Seems to settle to a lower setting if I do that.  When I turned it off the AHI said 2.5.  How did it change from 0.8 to 2.5 when I hadn’t gone back to sleep?   Tonight I was up again after 3 hours and it said 3.5.  Barely could sleep then it said 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone help with AHI score for MyAir? It changes throughout the night awake.
 When people change position and they are still awake or partially awake will sometimes hold their breath, the CPAP machine doesn't know that they are awake, it thinks it's a Clear Airway because they were not breathing.  The machine counts it as an apnea. This is not uncommon...
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 5 268 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Pressure when awake antlane 2 155 09-06-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: antlane
  [Equipment] A Question About AirSense 11 And MyAir App Kamryn 1 159 08-29-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Aerophagia while awake? donsburg 4 303 08-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  [Diagnosis] Looking to Improve my AHI Score Seb483782 8 429 07-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Sleeptechmaster
  myAir website mask leak data danhi 4 345 06-30-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: danhi
  Myair and air mini app Samelia 2 1,748 06-22-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: LongBeachTrijet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.