Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Request: Dark Mode
OSCAR Request: Dark Mode
Hi. I'm obviously new here and don't see a place to put requests/suggestions, so I'll just post it here.

I'd like to request that OSCAR get the option of a "dark mode." When I'm having difficulty sleeping at night, I like to pop the card in my laptop and see what is going on, but it's SO BRIGHT at 3:00 in the morning, it's really hard to see, no matter how much I try to dim the screen. Plus I just prefer everything be in dark mode all the time because of questionable eyesight.
I apologize if there's a more appropriate place to put feature requests. I just didn't see it. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Request: Dark Mode
Are you using your laptop's "adaptability" feature to change the brightness of your screen?

Most laptops will allow you to set brightness, contrast, and color screen. You may want to experiment and see if these settings can be used to ease the brightness issue.

In Windows, Click the Start Menu and then on the left side click Settings (gear icon). Click on System. Select Display. On the right side of the Settings window, under Color and turn on the Night light switch. Set the parameters to your preferences.

Similar functionality can be found on MACs.

On my HP ENVY 17, the f2 key reduces brightness and the f3 key increases it.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. Yes, I have adjusted the brightness settings on my laptop as low as they will go. It's still too bright. I would really like to see a dark mode for this program. So it is less bothersome to me and my partner.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was about to post the same request...So here is a bump!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe Qt supports this.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick search says that Qt does support dark mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the question; but what is QT?

I run the software on a Mac which commonly supports dark mode for most programs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Qt started incorporating the Dark mode in version 6.5.  OSCAR's uses version 5.15 LTS to build the code.

Qt is a software development platform which allows the same code to be compiled for various operating systems.  https://www.qt.io/

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR displaying "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown" error Stefanyshyn 1 171 08-20-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: iitgsleep
  OSCAR feature request (UX) Millstone50 5 937 06-08-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: mlmollenkamp
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 668 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 805 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  OSCAR 1.5 , permissive mode vs. clinical mode JCW888 8 1,523 12-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 994 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 1,129 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.