Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central apnea and high pressures?
RE: Central apnea and high pressures?
Hi all, so I've been able to get rid of the leaks. CA events are down to 0 as well.
But I think I'm suffering from aerophagia as I have a lot of gas and burping in the morning.
I know that lowering EPAP probably helps and I've tried doing that, but I'm wondering if it might also help to reduce the pressure support?
Gas aside, I'm also concerned that high IPAP might also be interfering with my sleep quality, e.g by giving me chipmunk cheeks or disturbing my sleep in some other way, so I'm curious what your thoughts are on that.
My max PS is locked at 8 and can't go any lower so I was wondering if it's worth it to update the firmware of my ASV to allow for a lower max PS? I saw someone on reddit mentioning this option, but I'm not sure if it might be risky in terms of bricking my machine, or making it unreliable. What do you all think?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 38 1,323 8 hours ago
Last Post: gregbe2000
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 135 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Apnea Help winterwaveforms 2 129 10-15-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, High CA OSCAR review needed ArmedStag 5 267 10-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central Apneas? jared2000 3 146 10-15-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl memoryNada786 6 250 10-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  treatment-emergent central apnea? CyberSparrow 2 240 10-06-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: CyberSparrow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.