Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cervical Surgery needs new mask
Cervical Surgery needs new mask
     Been on CPAP for 5 years with great results. Had cervical surgery C2-C7 with a lot of Titanium rods and plates (hardware) last year. Now my ResMed f20 air touch head straps put pressure on my hardware and I cant wear it without pain and severe headaches and have been without therapy the past year. I found better, not complete, comfort with a Fisher Paykel Flex Fit 431. I am a mouth breather and tried Res Med pillows with no success. I am looking for a full face mask with wider head straps  to eliminate the neck pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cervical Surgery needs new mask
How about the new Fisher and Paykel Evora Full? I've got it and it works great, light tension and it's sealing well. My VAuto can go up to 25 IPAP if needed, and the Evora Full takes it fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seal is not an issue its the head straps putting pressure on the hardware. Need to widen and move the straps off the hardware. 
Might need to become a seamstress.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Soft but thick foam (maybe an inch or 2 inches or even 3 inches thick) placed between your neck/head and the straps could decrease the pressure on your hardware by spreading out the compression force of the straps to a larger area on your head/neck.  If you could tolerate the foam (hot in summer) and if the straps will widen out that much.  Just a thought.  Don't try anything that hurts your neck though.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give it a shot. All ideas accepted. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,313 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 237 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 468 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 359 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  UARS-Cervical mis-alignment etc !! must see! Dr. Hauser SeePak 0 162 08-05-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  What To Do When Soft Cervical Collars Fail mawaw1992 25 2,895 08-03-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Trying to get UPPP surgery - Dr. denies me SuperSleeper 57 34,085 08-01-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.