Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart Review Help
Chart Review Help
Hi could anyone help me optimize my cpap therapy. Been on for around 3 years, barely downloaded OSCAR a few months ago, and just started playing around with settings now. I'm really struggling with mental fatigue and unrefreshed sleep more than ever right now and would like some input on my cpap settings if anyone would be willing to help. I've done some research on the wiki and think my problem might be with flow limitations and am going to try to raise my min. pressure to 12 to see if that helps. I would appreciate any advice or input from anyone else. Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart Review Help
If this was my normal night data, I would try a slightly higher minimum pressure, because there are still some OAs. I would be more inclined to adjust in small increments, like changing the minimum from 8.0 to 9.0. But, I also see that the pressure was 9.0 to 9.5 when the OAs happen, so an argument might be to raise the minimum to 10.0, and I would keep that in mind, and start with 9.0 for 3 to 5 days to see what that will do.

Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
An increase to the min pressure is what you've got left as you're using EPR 3 now. Also consider going no Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input! I actually went to bed early last night so I tried the increase of min. pressure to 12. I think that reduced my flow limitation a bit, but my CA events increased. Although that might be insignificant because I think the CA clusters around 19:00 and 23:00 are from awake breathing. I will try turning off ramp to see if that has some benefit as well. Do you think I should try min. pressure at 10 or 11 instead? What should I look out for to see if min. pressure is too high? And here is my data from last night, I am hoping to see if my events continue to average around the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would try 10cm as a starting point for a few nights then post some more charts.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, I'd do 10 and go up if needed. CA are reasonable overall by numbers. Your feel maybe is different. What you'll need to deal with is this CA vs everything else teeter-totter effect, meaning diminishing CA by pushing them down, everything else goes up. And vice versa.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You really should turn ramp off.  You don't need it after all this time, and it interferes with the commencement of your therapy.  Plus, if you wake for a bathroom break, it starts again when you return to bed.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Deborah and Dave, please disable ramp and set min to 10cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thank you. I tried setting min. pressure to 10 and turned ramp off for the past two nights. The first night my mask got unclipped somehow so that is what the huge leak is, but the second night I am still having OAs. Should I keep increasing by 1cm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you comfortable and getting rest as it is now? I'd consider keeping this for another few days and look for a trend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 875 66,112 Yesterday, 02:57 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 264 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  have autism and need help with my chart bigboyjared 7 180 09-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: bigboyjared
  Interpret Oscar chart please fudo 7 332 09-01-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help me interpret Oscar chart sriteop 11 342 08-27-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: sriteop
  Please help interpret oscar chart panzer 2 154 08-27-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: panzer
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 254 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.