Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related?
Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related?
New User,

I've been on CPAP therapy for 8+ months, nearly 100% compliant with very good results.  With my f&p Evora hybrid full face mask, I have had excellent results: always less than 2.0 and frequently less than 1.0.

As summer months have hit, I find the full face mask to be too hot and confining.  I decided to try a nasal mask.  First f&p Solo cushion and then a P10 pillow mask.  The Solo was mostly a fail as it leaked badly due to positional issues - I am a flip flopping side sleeper.  The 10 was MUCH better, very secure w little/low leakage.  I did have a few mouth breathing leaks as I acclimated to the nasal masks.  Not perfect, but not too bad.

I'm about 5 nights into the P10 "experiment".  Last night my AHI was a 9.8, very atypical for me.  Mostly CA events (which is ~normal for me), but 3 segments of time were flagged as Cheyne Stokes:  41min, 36min, 20min.  OSCAR showed repetitive rhythmic flow rates, followed by regular CA events.  This is wholly atypical for me.

Could the mask or the reported minimal leakages during these CSR event be related?  Should this be concerning?  I have not heard from my PCP, Sleep Study office or my DME provider since starting CPAP therapy.  To whom should I direct my questions?

I do plan to return to the full face mask tonite to compare my results.  

Note:  Maybe related?  I have been diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (same time frame as starting CPAP therapy).  I had a small/short focal aware seizure yesterday afternoon.  I wonder if the electrical storm caused by these seizure affect my brain's ability to detect/send signals to breathe.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Mark

(i attempted to attach a OSCAR snapshot, but was prohibited by insufficient post count)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related?
(08-12-2024, 03:54 PM)mark.apnea Wrote: (i attempted to attach a OSCAR snapshot, but was prohibited by insufficient post count)

You have to take a Screenshot of the Daily page.

Follow these links for guidance on Organizing a chart for review and how to attach it to your post.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a snapshot of one of the CSR events:

Post Reply Post Reply
We need to see the shot of the whole night.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting that chart.  Here is some more reading from our Wiki on CSR:   A good plan would be to show this chart to your treating Dr.'s for interpretation (and possible treatment).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak Rate Questions in OCAR MrPsyduck 5 232 09-10-2024, 05:25 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  epr and cheynes stokes Gailofiowa 3 170 09-09-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Leak rate question weepingwillow 32 1,198 09-08-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: weepingwillow
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 181 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes? Westernsleep 2 139 09-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Coberson75 3 183 09-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Coberson75
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 394 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.