Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which Mask Has Least Leaks
RE: Which Mask Has Least Leaks
In the last 7+ years I've tried numerous masks, including several full face masks, more than a few nasal masks, several pillow masks, and two kinds of Bleep masks.

Hands down, the Bleep masks are the best for minimizing leaks, assuming one can avoid mouth leaks. I currently use the original Bleep DreamPorts and tape my mouth. I never have any leaks whatsoever -- my 99.5% leak stat is invariably 0.00. I find the Bleep DreamPorts slightly more comfortable than the Bleep Eclipse, which is why I'm using the DreamPorts, but both are equally leak-free and provide excellent therapeutic results.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Mask Has Least Leaks
(03-30-2023, 04:45 PM)AndyB Wrote: In the last 7+ years I've tried numerous masks, including several full face masks, more than a few nasal masks, several pillow masks, and two kinds of Bleep masks.

Hands down, the Bleep masks are the best for minimizing leaks, assuming one can avoid mouth leaks. I currently use the original Bleep DreamPorts and tape my mouth. I never have any leaks whatsoever -- my 99.5% leak stat is invariably 0.00. I find the Bleep DreamPorts slightly more comfortable than the Bleep Eclipse, which is why I'm using the DreamPorts, but both are equally leak-free and provide excellent therapeutic results.

Agreed, hands down, for me Bleep Eclipse. Tried 5-6 different pillow/nasal, all will sometimes leak when I side sleep. Always mouth tape (cover roll stretch tape).

Side note- I do not trim the Halos at all, just alcohol wipe the nares and slap them on. You CAN overlap just not over onto the metal rings. Seen some videos where user way overcomplicates the application. Takes me maybe 30 secs max to do everything.

Unfortunately Eclipse still on backorder since the initial order shipments back in Dec.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 285 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 14 329 09-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Embeeous
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 6 3,752 09-14-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 483 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 286 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 481 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 2,144 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.