Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Considering turbinate reduction for better nasal breathing
RE: Considering turbinate reduction for better nasal breathing
(08-19-2024, 09:42 PM)Jay51 Wrote: I had septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery.  I also take Singulair (Montelukast) and Azelastine spray for allergic rhinitis.  This combination has helped me breath much better, decrease congestion significantly, and more easier tolerate my ventilator.  

May I ask if you were using these medications before starting CPAP therapy?

Because I was using Singulair and antihistamines very frequently before CPAP. I thought that I won't need these meds anymore, but falling to sleep with mild nasal congestion, creates pressure to my Eustachian tube, mainly on left ear that is flat on the pillow. I visited ENT doc, who prescribed more or less the same meds again. An allergist is also prescribing me relevant meds twice a year or so.

I believe that the air pressure as I am falling asleep pushes any mucus to my Eustachian tube. I wanted to discontinue Singulair as it was giving me strange dreams. It works well to dry the mucus though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breathing noise carmdf 1 57 Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nasal pillows v nasal mask FLcracker 11 489 Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 37 1,567 10-05-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Haldir
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 36 1,045 10-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 263 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 163 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Periodic Breathing Strategies? mark.apnea 2 279 09-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.