Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Diagnosed with mild OSA - Could this be UARS?
RE: Diagnosed with mild OSA - Could this be UARS?
Hi Everyone,

I'm back with some mask issues. I'm finding that as I'm getting used to my P10 nasal pillows two things are happening.

1) I'm getting a lot of nasal irritation from the pillows. They are extremely sore and the skin is broken and bleeding in some areas. I have adjusted the mask many ways to ensure it isn't too tight but also not leaking around the nostrils.
2) My mouth pops open frequently at night and I wake up to the feel and sound of whooshing air. It happens frequently enough that I'm not getting restful sleep.

Because of the pain the pillows are causing I am considering switching to a full face mask. Would the ResMed F20 AirTouch for her be easier to transition to than others? Any other mask recommendations for those with similar issues?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnosed with mild OSA - Could this be UARS?
If you're unable to control the mouth breathing, then a full face or hybrid mask like the F40 or the F30 might be good choices.

If you continue with the nasal pillow mask, you are going to have to let your nostrils heal first. You may be using the wrong size pillow. The pillow should not be inserted too far into the nostril but sort of sit outside of nostril, only inserted a small bit.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 28 4,415 4 hours ago
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 186 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 343 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  [CPAP] OSCAR Interpretation - UARS? ilikecars 12 589 08-27-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  I think I have UARS, what should I do? ManWithOranges 6 258 08-17-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: ManWithOranges
  Dealing w aerophagia and probably UARS, Help Jstalez 19 628 08-10-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Jstalez
  Potential UARS BiPAP Advice gce799 5 481 08-10-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: gce799

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.