Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Heart rate spikes
RE: Heart rate spikes
"The mean SaO2 during sleep was 93.7%, with 134 desaturations greater than 3%, resulting in a desaturation index (ODI) of 14.6/h (normal < 5/h). SaO2 remained below 90% for 11.7 minutes of sleep (T90). The minimum SaO2 was 66.0%."

This is significant.  Here in the states, 5 cumulative minutes below 88% qualifies a person for supplemental oxygen.  Also getting down to 66% SPO2 is extremely low.  

I would definitely mention this to your Dr.'s. 
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah the lowest oxygen I had during the study was abismal. I currently measure my O2 levels with the O2 ring and it even barely drops below 90%, so it's hard for me to make sense of the 66%. Also on the sleep study I had an ODI of 14.6/h, and with the O2 ring without using CPAP the maximum I got was 7/h, so something doesn't add up.

During the sleep study there was a period where the oxymeter almost moved out of my finger for some time, so I don't know if that was it. The clinic I did the study with didn't give me the full data, just the statistics, so I can't check where it happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried setting the pressure to 7cm last night but had even worse leaks. I'm not getting mouth leaks anymore since I'm mouth taping, but probably the nose pillows I'm using are not a good fit. Hopefully getting the P30i today

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches! edenmaker 3 79 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Leak Rate maybe Skewing AHI ? StratCat48 5 190 10-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Are pulse rate changes significant during sleep? UsuallyTired 6 264 10-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 168 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 12 1,230 09-24-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 210 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 470 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.