Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wife's CPAP Experience
RE: Wife's CPAP Experience
Okay, like MS wasn’t worth mentioning until now? By any chance is there a copy of her diagnostic sleep test with personal information redacted?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for those.  My instructions were probably not that good either.  Please try 2 more uploads like the last 2 you just posted, but start in the middle of the biggest purple cluster on both charts (so Central Apneas start the 3 minute zoom and end the 3 minute zoom - nothing but central apneas in these new uploads).  

Your wife probably has a Neurologist if she has been diagnosed with MS.  Neurologist would be the person to talk to about CSR.  Showing Neurologist these same OSCAR charts with the CA's will give them more information to give either a positive or negative diagnosis of CSR.

The copy of her sleep study would be helpful like Sleeprider stated.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to be so short with last reply, but I was on the phone, and I have fat thumbs. MS makes a difference, and she probably qualifies for bilevel or ASV with that diagnosis. With ASV she has zero events and easy breathing. Things are definitely pointing that direction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I didn't realize her MS, which has been under control 25+ years, was a major factor in her recent mild sleep apnea diagnosis.  The only paperwork regarding her sleep study indicates her 10.5 events per hr.  I will attach a copy.

Post Reply Post Reply
No problem Sleeprider, I probably deserved to be hammeredSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
No intention to "hammer", but MS is often controlled with various opioid medications. While I don't know anything about her treatment, I do understand the disease and medications, and a significant risk factor is central apnea. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5775511/ As I said, ASV is a common therapy to provide backup respiration for the central apnea in individuals with "controlled" MS, particularly if opioid medications are involved. ASV is a specific therapy for individuals being treated with opioids. Does that sound like it might be relevant? If it is, then let me help you get her on the correct therapy. CPAP does not treat opioid induced central apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think so she's never been on opiods. Her MS treatment has essentially consisted of Betaseron in the beginning, then Avonex for 20+ years. They've kept her exacerbations to a minimum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad we can rule out the therapy, but we're still left with a lot of central apnea. You should obtain a detailed copy of her diagnostic sleep test and discuss her therapy with her doctor with the objective of scheduling a titration for CPAP, BiPAP, ASV with the objective of finding a therapy that actually works. Currently, her CPAP therapy has zero efficacy compared to her diagnostic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Her chart from last night seems pretty good.  She adjusted her headgear a little and slept much better.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 397 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 220 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 201 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Advice needed - anyone with Oscar experience! limoz 5 288 07-31-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question (OSCAR)Help needed, with analyzing a breathing curve, any experience with this? :-) Letsfixthis 4 435 05-14-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] anyone have experience with iSLEEP in Las Vegas? hwnboy 0 296 05-02-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Experience with Cigna and Travel CPAP Chitlom 0 313 04-30-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Chitlom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.