Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: Fill / Fix a gap in data import
Question 
OSCAR: Fill / Fix a gap in data import
When importing data from the SD card of my CPAP machine, I normally load the data to OSCAR and then move some of the older data off the card to an archive folder on my PC.

With the last import I was distracted and moved the data for days that had not been imported to OSCAR yet to the archive and then ran the import, which of course only loaded the latest data that was on the SD card, leaving a "gap". Oops

When I realised what I had done, I copied the days that were missing back to the SD card and tried to import again, but OSCAR says that it is up to date and does not load the data to fill the "gap". It seems that  OSCAR only checks for data newer than the last day imported and not for any data on the card that has not been imported.

I now have weeks of data missing followed by weeks with data. Hope this makes sense.
I looked for an option to delete data, but except if I missed it, OSCAR only allows removing one day at a time or else all data.

I am running OSCAR 1.4.0 (downloaded v1.5.3, but not installed yet).

What is my best option now to fill / fix the gap in data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR: Fill / Fix a gap in data import
If you have all your data in an archive directory, you can do the following.
  1. In OSCAR, go to Data > Advanced > Purge All Device Data > Your CPAP Model.
  2. Go to Preferences and deselect Import without asking for confirmation.
  3. Import your data, but specify the archive directory instead of the SD card as the source.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2024, 07:45 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have all your data in an archive directory, you can do the following.
  1. In OSCAR, go to Data > Advanced > Purge All Device Data > Your CPAP Model.
  2. Go to Preferences and deselect Import without asking for confirmation.
  3. Import your data, but specify the archive directory instead of the SD card as the source.
- Red

Thanks, that is the only option I could see as well.

The only issue is that there is no option to to keep my notes when purging all as there is for a single day.
Most of my notes relate to the first few months on CPAP while I was still experimenting with settings and masks, so I guess this is not a huge issue 2 years down the line.
Purging all and losing the notes is preferable to deleting several weeks of data one day at a time just to keep the notes.
Post Reply Post Reply
In that case, just create a new profile and import from the archive.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks 

OSCAR Feature request: add functionality to purge all data to point in time.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Directly edit Oscar Data dgconder 3 100 10-15-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Anybody get the newer O2Ring-S data into OSCAR? Craiggvt 4 148 10-11-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Craiggvt
  Help! OSCAR imports SD card data only ONE DAY AT A TIME iknownothing 2 164 10-03-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  Trouble understanding how to import O2 ring info into Oscar katbrat 4 237 09-28-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Export breath by breath data from oscar? lisaistired 0 152 09-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  How to get started with Oscar - analysis of data McMartin 0 204 09-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: McMartin
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 2 240 09-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.