Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean?
Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean?
Hi everyone,

As a new CPAP user, I'm seeking clarification on the best way to clean the Tube Outlet Connector in my AirSense 11 machine. I've received conflicting advice and would appreciate your input.

In the official ResMed cleaning video on YouTube, they instruct users to remove the Outlet Connector (the part where you attach your tubing) for cleaning. See images attached for reference.

However, when the CPAP technician delivered my machine a few days ago, he advised against removing the Outlet Connector for cleaning. He mentioned that doing so could weaken the part over time, and he's had to replace machines for other patients due to this issue. Instead, he suggested using a q-tip with a baby wipe to clean the inside of the connector.

Personally, I'm concerned about the potential buildup of bacteria and germs, and I don't believe that cleaning with a baby wipe alone will effectively sanitize the part.

So would like to get peoples’ thoughts on this:

1.  Have you experienced any issues with the Outlet Connector weakening after removing it for cleaning?

2.  What cleaning method do you recommend for this part to clean out bacteria and germs without causing damage?

Thanks in advance for your help and insights!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean?
Hello, The only time I took that connector out was when I replaced my blower motor. I would never take it out on a daily or weekly basis. If I was troubleshooting for a leak somewhere, I would probably replace it just to rule it out. 6 yrs use here and I have never had any kind of respiratory infection.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, never removed the connector for cleaning. I have used a baby wipe or a Cpap wipe and just went over the whole area lightly. The only time I would remove it is if it needed replaced.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do, but I am a bit anal when it comes to keeping my equipment clean and sanitized.
Post Reply Post Reply
dharma2255;
I see no problem removing the outlet tube for cleaning, Its Your choice ..
I have seen them for sale by one of the suppliers on the list ..
I don't remember which one but with a little research You should 
be able to find them ..
You may want to buy one as a backup in case Your's is damaged ??
The cpap tech. is mistaken about replacing the whole machine over
this part being damaged !! It is easily replaced !!
Best of luck !!
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for all the help!!!!! Really appreciate it!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #26 for sure, it's an inexpensive part. Res Med #39220.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Tampa Jim, thanks so much!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross Can I not clean my machine? liuzilong 9 455 09-07-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? Hmm888 9 8,444 08-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 507 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Equipment] F20 elbow connector broken JustCauseWhyNot 5 272 07-20-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details Snoopy.pa30 26 8,913 07-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Arthurlive
  [CPAP] How to clean mask with magnets Gingeri12 2 310 06-28-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Heated tube hevy6 1 255 06-22-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.