Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear vs P30i
Dreamwear vs P30i
I have been using the Dreamwear mask for 6+ years.

The issue is for several months I get the frowny face on my AirCurve mask leak. I just assumed the machine was picking up when my needy cat keeps interrupting my sleep.
But, my sleep is suffering. As I type this I am exhausted and its 9am.

Last night I broke out my Brevida. I bought that mask to try before settling in on the Dreamwear. I woke up several times (back sleeping) gasping for air as my brand new machine had shut off. (I double checked the settings with my old machine). I gave up on that and went back to the Dreamwear.

I have lost weight. Almost 60 lbs.
I have a goatee but I do try to keep it trimmed short. Initially they gave me a full face (F20? I don't remember but it went over nose bridge) but that was a disaster, nothing but leaks unless I had it uncomfortably tight.
AFAIK, the mask leak issue started when the Dreamwear had a new mask design. Basically they added the "wings" for the strap where previously the strap attached directly to the side air chamber.

So, I am thinking maybe time for a new mask.
I do like the hose attachment at top of head, thus why I'm thinking of switching to the P30i.
I see the P30i has a exhaust at the front, like my old Brevida, but does it also have a vent at the top elbow like the Dreamwear?

Has anyone tried both & can give insight? I'll be buying OOP to see if they work before making the change. I am also considering the F30i as maybe pillows won't work for me anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 10 1,899 3 hours ago
Last Post: Macka
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 160 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Cleaning advice needed for Resmed p30i AshSF 2 207 08-28-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Please help. Is the DreamWear nasal mask supposed to be noisy? Joeyk74 4 388 08-11-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 282 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Changing n30i for p30i mickapoo 6 356 07-31-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Full-face CPAP masks for side sleepers? (Besides Dreamwear?) Cape67 6 834 06-25-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.