Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Earplugs for side sleepers?
RE: Earplugs for side sleepers?
Just as an update - the Loop Experience earplugs I have are meant for hearing protection at loud concerts without much distortion of the sound, so they're not really appropriate to use if you want to really block out noise. But I just read that the company now has a product specifically for sleeping, called the Loop Dream. Similar concept, but higher noise reduction, and designed to be more comfortable for sleeping on your side. I haven't ordered them because I'm not currently using my CPAP and noise isn't an issue, but I will probably give them a try in the future if I do start using the CPAP again. Just thought I'd drop this info here for others who are looking for a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a tried and true side-sleeper. I don't use ear plugs when I sleep. I have Tinnitus badly and have has it for over 30 years. I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me all that much. 

I do use ear plugs though when I go for a ride on my motorcycle. They really cut down on the wind and road noise. I have several versions that I can choose from.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if they're available in the USA but here in the UK I use Happy Ears. They have a flat profile so no problem sleeping on my side or even front.

They say they should last 6-12 months but mine have been going strong with daily use for about 6 years!
Post Reply Post Reply
Am I the only one that uses custom fit ear plugs? I am pretty sensitive to sound so for me no concessions on this subject. I guess custom fit ear plugs with maximum sound blocking set you back 100 - 200 USD (no idea on US prices of course) but 1) the sound blocking does not get better than this and 2) side sleep is a non issue due to their perfect fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
donsburg: Thanks, those look good too, and they are available in the US.

thevge: Custom fit plugs might be an option if I really end up needing them on a regular basis.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflux, Propping & Side Sleeping mark.apnea 6 143 Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Monitoring device to tell L-side/R-side/Back/Prone? AaronG 0 111 10-10-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: AaronG
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 19 1,636 09-24-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 5 895 09-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  New User - Early Side Effects? Pressure Related? ShapeShifter2 14 802 08-08-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: ShapeShifter2
  [Equipment] Full-face CPAP masks for side sleepers? (Besides Dreamwear?) Cape67 6 884 06-25-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] advice for a side sleeping, mouth breather on a mask? hwnboy 5 584 05-08-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: hwnboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.