Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] A10 Whirring Noise
A10 Whirring Noise
I have been using my current A10 since June 2015.  It has 8,781 run time hours.  2 nights ago it started a small but annoying whirring sound that becomes a higher pitch on inhale then lower on exhale - almost like an engine accelerating and decelerating. I've searched the threads for an answer as the A10 can have some strange noises usually associated with seals and such.  I have not found a response yet addressing my issue although it may be tucked around the board somewhere so forgive me if I missed it.  Anyway, it is not the humidifier chamber because I have the end block and when I insert the end block in place of the humidifier tank the noise persists.  I have checked the seals on the machine side and they are seated properly.  The air filter is clean.  The climate-line hose is inserted correctly and has no leaks.  There are no leaks of any significance on SH reports.  I'm wondering if the machine is simply dying.  Anyone have this issue and solved it?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 Whirring Noise
Check for a pinhole in the hose, I have had this before and couldn't find where the whistling noise was coming from.
Check around the joints and also check the mask.
Failing that.................. motor?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be a bearing going on the blower motor. It spins faster on on inhale (needs to increase volume) and lower on exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2018, 02:20 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Check for a pinhole in the hose, I have had this before and couldn't find where the whistling noise was coming from.
Check around the joints and also check the mask.
Failing that.................. motor?

Its not a whistling sound but a whirring sound.  But, I have an unopened hose that I can test to see if this is the issue.  I tested an old hose and the sound remained so I'm not overly optimistic on the hose theory.  I am suspicious of the motor as Chill suggests.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine started making noise after 3 1/2 years. I replaced the humidifier and all is good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2018, 02:24 PM)dzwiss Wrote: Mine started making noise after 3 1/2 years.  I replaced the humidifier and all is good.

The humidifier is not the issue because it still makes the noise with the end block inserted.  I wish it were that simple.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Sonic, if this was paid for by insurance, the warranty is often extended 3 years. If not, I think the prudent thing to do is locate a replacement machine in the event you need to send this one for repair or it fails. You don't want to be without one if you don't have a backup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The same thing happened to me earlier this year.  My machine was just over 2 years old.

I took it to the local DME who sent it off to a (Resmed?) repair facility which determined that it was not economically feasible to repair. 

I ended up getting a new A10 and have the old one for parts...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2018, 08:28 AM)Mustang Wrote: The same thing happened to me earlier this year.  My machine was just over 2 years old.

I took it to the local DME who sent it off to a (Resmed?) repair facility which determined that it was not economically feasible to repair. 

I ended up getting a new A10 and have the old one for parts...

Yeah!  They would rather sell a new machine "He says sarcastically!" Big Grin
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2018, 08:28 AM)Mustang Wrote: I ended up getting a new A10 and have the old one for parts...

And very likely in 2y you will have all parts but the one you need ...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is this weak air noise?? Jstalez 1 52 8 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 197 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 15,931 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx
  Breas Z2 - Air Noise at Mask Vents mcman56 2 200 08-21-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  Machine noise axlrosen 6 335 08-08-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Arik
  [Equipment] ResMed making noise at altitude GManCPAP2019 1 250 06-24-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 clicking noise santon 5 5,917 06-11-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.