Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Backup/UPS for CPAP
Backup/UPS for CPAP
Hey, 
I recently got my first CPAP machine (Airsense11). It's been amazing after I got used to it. My sleep study had me at 76 events an hour, I'm down to 0.2 an hour. 
I am trying to find a UPS type device for my machine, I have kept my machine connected to a smart switch for the last 2 weeks so I can monitor energy consumption. On average with heated hose and humidifier running I'm consuming around 300Wh a night. Since the AS11 runs on 24V I am consuming 12.5 Ah a night. 
I have an old UPS battery (12V) from work (it was going to be tossed out since it was 5 years old but it still is good) it's a 100ah behemoth of a battery. If I get the 12V to 24V cable from ResMed and a battery maintainer could I plug the battery maintainer in (keeps battery charged when there is power) and then connect the 12V to 24V adapter to the battery and always run off this contraption? 

If my math is right the 100Ah battery would provide me with 7 (8 but don't want to completely drain it)nights sleep before I need to charge it.

Does this make sense to anyone, I feel like I am missing something obvious in my plan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backup/UPS for CPAP
Hi SleepyStreets!  -  Welcome
The link below has 15 threads, all dealing with CPAP backup.  I hope this may help.  I used the search term, "CPAP backup".
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search...order=desc

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backup/UPS for CPAP
We're both on therapy & require backup power supplies due to our location.
I'd advise buying more, not less, than CPAP only needs, and allowing cushion.
You'll find the backup valuable for recharging your phones at the minimum.

Here's a handy guide for ResMed equipment. Read thru it and learn the math.
Once you've got a handle on it, create your cheatsheet for the AutoSense 11.
Best wishes.

https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...lo_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 11 Battery Backup sptrout 6 363 09-26-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: LyndMc
  Anyone travel with backup equipment? SkySleep 5 396 07-13-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Power Supply Backup. What do you all have? Little Olive 13 816 07-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New ASV user - backup rate issue? jmankoff 8 488 05-06-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: TBrobbs
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 48 17,249 05-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: terp1984
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 6,334 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 418 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.