Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New to all this need advice
RE: New to all this need advice
Hey it's been awhile, therapy is going good but I still feel like there's room for improvement. Unfortunately CA make up the majority of my AHI now. Here is a pic from last night, I got the new solo nasal mask 3 days ago. EPR is set to 1 just to test if it helps some. Pressure is currently set to steady 11. I woke up a few times last night which is frustrating.

What settings do you suggest changing?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Going to add another couple screens. CA have always been top issue that this machine cannot address and are different every night just like I've read on here they are inconsistent. Are they bad enough to warrant needing an ASV?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
With under 2 AHI you're not going to qualify for ASV as a medical need, in fact your AHI is considered normal. We know higher EPR is not an option for you, so I assume any form of bilevel pressure support would do more to stimulate additional CA rather than control it. The zoomed shots suggest that CA is the result of arousal, rather than arousal being the result of CA. I really don't have a good suggestion for this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had EPR off for awhile and recently(5 days ago) turned it on 1 just to see. Is it better to have it off in my case? 

I'll have nights like this of sleep then boom have a night or two with more CA than these. Thats discouraging if I wouldn't be able to get an asv because looking back at the statistics CA make up the biggest percentage of apneas. Even since getting a cpap, I've felt like a light sleeper. I tend to sleep lighter if I'm working the next day. So something is causing me to wake up at night, and thats triggering them? I just don't feel fully rested like my machine isn't optimized or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's probably that the therapy will be a bit compromised in the avoid Central Apnea setup. I wonder if you'd do better on a VAuto with high trigger? A VAuto being BPAP may be easier to justify if your complaint is heard by the doctor. And by complaint I'm not meaning specifically the CA, but more a generalized not gaining the well rested state you should or could have gotten by your current therapy device.

I'm not indicating the complaint route will guarantee you'll be ok on VAuto or that being on VAuto and high trigger actually addressed your need. However I'd be one to try it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 124 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 149 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 202 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Seriously Need Mask Advice: Please Help LuminousOne 7 370 08-13-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,583 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Seeking advice OSA TheWishyOne 2 266 06-06-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help/advice with Astral 150 costaricaraftguide 1 254 06-02-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.