Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From?
Who Do You Get Your Supplies From?
Hopefully not breaking any rules here.  I have been on CPAP for a year now, and still know very little about it, hopefully this forum will add to my understanding.  I am on Medicare.  My original CPAP machine came from American Home Patient in Newark, DE, and my supplies have been coming from Lincare (not on your suppliers list).  They are somehow related.  Their customer service is terrible.  The only person you can reach by phone is at a call center in India (I think, could be Pakistan I suppose).  Usually the phone connection is bad and I can barely understand the customer service reps.  They call me every three months to send whatever supplies that Medicare will pay for.  They sent the wrong supplies about a month ago, and I have not been able to send them back.  First they said they were going to send a return label to my email address, but that never happened after several calls.  Latest thing they told me is that they would have UPS pick up the return from my porch, but I think I still need a label?  Can anyone suggest a supplier where I can talk to someone who will help me out?  Would filing a complaint with Medicare do any good?  Sending the wrong supplies and refusing to take them back fits under the definition of Medicare fraud.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Who Do You Get Your Supplies From?
I'm in South Central PA, Franklin Co. I have used 3 DMEs in chronological order, CPO2 a franchise to Rotech, Apria, and Lincare. I've used each while having Medicaid and later Medicare.

Customer service is iffy at each of those local/regional offices, but billing and sending supplies was without error surprisingly.

I think all 3, Rotech, Apria, and Lincare, are considered national in-network for Medicare. And what I've heard, of those 3, Rotech is possibly the better one. However locally to me they were least helpful overall, probably because they're like a franchise called CPO2.

Something I never do is give them my credit card info, they must bill me my portion if any.

PS Lincare is my current DME and I have had to use the Hanover, PA office until fairly recent a local office opened (and stayed open). Why I get my local crew, they're pretty good at helping. At the corporate level not as much most times.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Who Do You Get Your Supplies From?
I do not use insurance as it is cheaper for me to buy used or from a supplier. I primarily use Supplier #42, a local CPAP supply shop that is not on our list, or buy used machines from Facebook Marketplace.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone received Medicare reimbursement for purchased CPAP or subsequent supplies? gbecsi 6 577 06-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ischua
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 549 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 573 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 1,562 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 875 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 599 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 2,758 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.