Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Seeking help for poor sleep with cpap
RE: Seeking help for poor sleep with cpap
You STILL have flow limits. Those are sonea just the same as O and H events. EPR is what we use to help. -  you are still on 2, you need to try 3.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I went ahead and tried an EPR or 3 with a min of 10 and a max of 13 last night. I slept on my back.

Isn't it weird how I have more flow limitations when the pressure is higher but less when it is lower?

Also, I noticed the flattening of my breaths. Could that be UARS?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2024, 07:59 AM)vHungry Wrote: Isn't it weird how I have more flow limitations when the pressure is higher but less when it is lower?

Also, I noticed the flattening of my breaths.

The difference in the flow limitation statistics is insignificant. And it will change daily.
Indeed, the plateau on the inhalation peaks indicates flow restriction. You can live with it ( because your statistics are okay) or increase the minimum pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys. I have been sleeping with increased pressure and an EPR of 3. Still not feeling great. In fact, feeling worse. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
From an administrative perspective, you are fine because your AHIs and 95% flow limits are significantly lower than 5  and 0.1, respectively. In other words, you are in the range where your feeling matters more than the figures.

Your higher AHI at higher pressure needs to be taken with a grain of salt because you should consider a few weeks' average when comparing different treatment parameters. You might have had a lousy night anyway when you set the higher pressure. 

Nevertheless, let's address your request. If you consider your pressure function, there are still many pressure adjustments. Each of these disturbs your sleep. Since you are already at EPR=3, you have the only option to increase your minimum pressure because the alternative would be an instrument capable of higher pressure support than yours. Hence, you should improve your minimum pressure to 12 cm to smooth out these pressure adjustments. 

You might want to consider a more advanced instrument if you cannot tolerate these high pressures. 

I attached below a smooth pressure function of an undisturbed night with a pressure support of 3.6 cm, corresponding to the (nonexistent) EPR 3.6.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Treatment Advice Please rosetech 1 63 7 hours ago
Last Post: Dodies
  I can't sleep without using CPAP Trasto 16 421 Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Trasto
Sad [CPAP] Seeking Advice for Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Sarin 2 267 09-26-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sarin
  Seeking restful sleep! TennisFan 6 337 09-23-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: TennisFan
  Poor sleep quality slabsi 9 442 09-19-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Sad [Treatment] Seeking optimal treatment please help Xboxrrod 0 166 09-15-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,735 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.