Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] CPAP Newbie
CPAP Newbie
Hi all!
I'm a 52 year old male recently diagnosed with moderate apnea. My home sleep test results indicated my AHI was 20.3. I'm not quite 100% confident in that number because the night of the sleep test I was very restless because of a pulled muscle. Anyway, I'd long suspected I was a sufferer just based on my anatomy. I'm glad I got my Airsense 11, I've definitely noticed an improvement after only 3 weeks.  I've set my pressure range to 6-13.

Now, I'm getting into the nitty gritty of looking at the data in OSCAR and I'd like to know your interpretation of it. Here are the two most recent captures.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Newbie
I should mention that I use mouth tape. I did so even before I got the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Kevin52 Smile

You have some hypopneas and ca events in your charts with corresponding flow limits-I'd raise your min pressure to 8.5 and set EPR to 3 (instead of 1) keep max pressure where it is for now and disable ramp completely please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I've made the adjustments and will give it a few nights!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you feel better with these settings too, you're welcome Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a couple of months since I posted and made the recommended changes to my settings.

Things have been going well, but I'm still feeling like my results are inconsistent. To me it seems like if my number is below 1.0, I feel great. Between 1 and 2 and, eh, I feel okay but still tired during the day. If it's over 2 I pretty much feel like garbage.

I'd appreciate someone taking a look.  Below are two examples- the first is from 2 nights ago where slept very well and felt great the following day. The second is from last night, and I'm feeling pretty tired and out of it today.

Is there anything that stands out between the two, or in general?

Post Reply Post Reply
Had a rough night last night with lots of waking. I usually don't see any OA events but there are a couple indicated on this chart. Lots of CA and H events though; more than usual.

Can someone take a look at this one and the two above and offer any advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your settings look good to me.  Not everyone can regularly get AHIs that are under 1 with any regularity.  Maybe someone else will see something I don't, but sometimes we simply have to accept less than great sleep.  It might help if you read up on sleep hygiene.  Here's a link:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ep_hygiene

Keep in mind that some people take longer than usual to adjust to pap therapy.  You may find that you feel better as more time passes.  I hope you find that your sleep gets better and better. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 8 131 19 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Newbie: can't stay asleep longer than 1 hour with mask on KianaBeth 4 102 Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Last Post: FrankFuss
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 208 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  newbie post izsleepy 6 366 09-10-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: izsleepy
  OSCAR newbie, just statrted snoring with mask on?? CanadianRob 5 263 08-29-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Newbie to OSCAR, advice appreciated cousinscc 3 167 08-25-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cousinscc
  Worried newbie here ! tostaky 10 477 08-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.