Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fabby - Therapy Thread
Fabby - Therapy Thread
I have been experiencing enormous leaks, multiple nights of the red face, for almost a year now, in spite of being a long time pap user.

I have made all the usual changes including machine (3 different Aircurve 10 VAUTO) , hose, frame, headwear, mask (clean, new, snugger, looser, tighter) and other masks: Mirage FX, Dreamwear, Brevida, Airfit, pillow, hose hanger, cervical collars and nothing is making a permanent change. I have been tracking OSCAR daily for three weeks. 

The sleep doctor is clueless on all this. Is there something in the charts that means something to someone that might make a difference? Thank you for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: leaks 72-88% of night
My guess is that your relatively high pressure is causing the leaks.  Around 16 or so Epap and then up to around 20 ipap.  One thing to try might be starting your epap at 16 (instead of 4 or so - with the ramp feature I am guessing) when you climb into bed.  At least that way, you can get the mask situated and tightened just right to 16 epap pressure and 20 ipap pressure instead of 4 epap pressure.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I often use mask fit to adjust the mask, but I turned ramp up to 16. I turned iPap down to 20 and left epap at 16. I also tightened the mask. 

hoping others will chime in too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the hose defective?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, changed it out with all the other pieces.
Post Reply Post Reply
With this much large leaks you are not getting any therapy.  I would lower the pressures until the mask does not have a large leak.  Otherwise it really are not getting any help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you Stacey, I tried that last night and I don't think Ive ever seen a pressure line quite like this one. I raised the ramp to 16 and lowered the iPap to 20. Not sure what this means. If I really crank down the mask, to the point it is uncomfortable, the leaks go away. But this is the mask of choice I've used for 7 years.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=54650]

Thank you Stacey, I tried that last night and I don't think Ive ever seen a pressure line quite like this one. I raised the ramp to 16 and lowered the iPap to 20. Not sure what this means. If I really crank down the mask, to the point it is uncomfortable, the leaks go away. But this is the mask of choice I've used for 7 years.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply

Rats, I got the wrong chart. Trying again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fabby - May I suggest that you go into File > Preferences > Appearances and set your graph height to about 120. I think it is now set to 154. Now that I said that, I believe I saw the Preferences had its own listing on a Mac. (I'm Mac challenged)

Your Flow Limits are very high. This is causing your pressure to go up. I would set the EPAP to 10 and increase the PS to 4. Also, work on those large leaks.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 32 1,194 11 hours ago
Last Post: HenryECole81
  HarleyGirl63 - Therapy Thread HarleyGirl63 13 868 Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Last Post: HarleyGirl63
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 134 5,846 Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,068 10-16-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,799 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LuminousOne Therapy Thread LuminousOne 31 1,670 10-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,729 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.