Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph
[Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph
Great software, thanks for all the work and making it available.

Would you consider some kind of indication on the pressure graph for the 'overview' on whether 'EPR' (or equivalent) mode is on or not? It does alter the actual pressure range, so I feel it makes sense to indicate it on the graph that shows your configured and actual pressure range. Perhaps simply a different colour like is used for when there is oximeter data?

I'm trying to assess differences between EPR settings and it would be very helpful to see this on the overview page.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph
Hi tossinandturnin! - Welcome
There are indicators for EPR now. On the Daily screen, on the left under Statistics, you will see two different pressures listed. Below that, under Device Settings, EPR will be listed. Finally, the pressure graph. It will have a red line for IPAP pressure and a green line for EPAP pressure. If you see only one line, then your EPR is off.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yep I can see the EPR settings on the daily view, but I am hoping to see them on the 'overview' page (F6).
I'd like to see how my AHI/total time in apnea changes based on EPR setting from a monthly/weekly overview perspective.
As a workaround I can inspect each day and make a mental note of which day/week had what setting before looking at the overview, but it's easy to forget.

It'd be nice to be able to do better data correlation between pressure settings, EPR settings and AHI etc on a trial week by trial week basis. I suppose a different colour may not be adequate, it might need to be a number between 0-3. Although this would be more cluttered from a presentation perspective.

Even if it was only detailed on the tooltip when hovering the bar on the chart this would be still be useful. Or perhaps an entire new overview chart that just indicated EPR level, could always have it hidden by default.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose I am referring to a new graph or markup here: OSCAR-code/-/blob/master/oscar/overview.cpp#L359

Although I didn't realise 'weight' showed up on this overview page. I could potentially abuse this value to flag when my EPR settings change, at least as a workaround.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Pressure graph on the Overview screen will be gold if EPR is on. The black line in the bar graph is the EPAP pressure. Resmed writes its settings at the beginning of a day's sleep session. If you change any setting after your first session for the day, it will not be recorded until the next day. Also, please see the links in my signature to help with posting images here.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll see if I can take a look through the code at some point, but it doesn't appear to be gold when the resmed is in 'CPAP' mode.
It also appears to be gold when EPR is set to 'ramp only', which is effectively off, but I can see how that is subjective.

In the attached image;

21st June - CPAP mode, with EPR on full time (RED - wrong)
23rd June - APAP mode, with EPR on full time (GOLD - correct)
05th July - APAP mode, with EPR ramp only (GOLD - arguably correct, but red would be more useful)
17th July - CPAP mode, with EPR ramp only (RED - ? could be considered incorrect based on above, but red is the preferred colour)

I haven't got any data with EPR off completely, as setting it to 'ramp only' for 10 mins is just as good as off.

Perhaps it is actually gold for APAP mode vs RED for CPAP mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose the graph might have been gold had I set the CPAP sessions using an APAP mode with min=max, instead of the actual CPAP mode.

And I suppose they wouldn't be gold if I turned EPR off completely, as opposed to using 'ramp only'.

Unfortunately my way of operating it has led to a misleading representation, despite the effects being pretty equivalent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a look through the code and best I can tell that "gold" indication on the bar graph is actually orange, and is indicating the min pressure setting for APAP mode.

Code:
   if (mode == MODE_CPAP) {
       addSlice(CPAP_Pressure);

} else if (mode == MODE_APAP) {
       addSlice(CPAP_PressureMin, ST_SETMIN);

Code:
   schema::channel.add(GRP_CPAP, new Channel(CPAP_PressureMin   = 0x1020, SETTING,     MT_CPAP, SESSION, "PressureMin",    QObject::tr("Min Pressure"),    QObject::tr("Minimum Therapy Pressure"),       QObject::tr("Pressure Min"), STR_UNIT_CMH2O,        DEFAULT,    QColor("orange")));

I didn't come across any conditional on the EPR setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a quick hack I put in to show the EPR setting as a tooltip in the pressure settings;

Code:
diff --git a/oscar/Graphs/gPressureChart.h b/oscar/Graphs/gPressureChart.h
index c784f81f..9a27e892 100644
--- a/oscar/Graphs/gPressureChart.h
+++ b/oscar/Graphs/gPressureChart.h
@@ -40,7 +40,7 @@ public:
    virtual void populate(Day * day, int idx);

virtual QString tooltipData(Day * day, int idx) {
-        return day->getCPAPModeStr() + "\n" + day->getPressureSettings() + gSummaryChart::tooltipData(day, idx);
+        return day->getCPAPModeStr() + "\n" + day->getPressureSettings() + "\n" + day->getPressureRelief() + gSummaryChart::tooltipData(day, idx);
    }

It might be better on the EPAP graph, or have the pressure relief be its own graph, but this is ok for me for now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 9 805 09-01-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: soyjer
  OSCAR displaying "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown" error Stefanyshyn 1 207 08-20-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: iitgsleep
  how to have CA added to OSCARS "Events Flag" Graph Wm kintz 21 1,098 08-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Wm kintz
  User event flagging feature Arik 0 194 07-25-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Arik
  Cant find Somnopose data in daily view graph Joey76 2 228 07-18-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Joey76
  No graph in OSCAR Sleepygrl 13 3,124 07-04-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: hhOsc
  OSCAR feature request (UX) Millstone50 5 942 06-08-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: mlmollenkamp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.