Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Bait and Switch, RESMED Airsense 10 vs RESMED 11
Bait and Switch, RESMED Airsense 10 vs RESMED 11
Hi, I went to pickup my new RESMED Airsense 11 today at my CPAP in Michigan.  My sleep doctor had provided a prescription for the RESMED Airsense 11.  I was at my supplier office on 7/5/2024 and they had me sign paperwork for the new CPAP.  I went to walkout with it, but noticed it had a tag on it for Airsense 10.  I asked the lady why I wasn’t receiving the newer RESMED Airsense 11?  She said they didn’t have any Airsense 11 in stock, so they decided without informing me to give me an Airsense 10.  I refused to take the older model.  They said I would have to wait for a Airsense 11 to come in.  I said when will that be, she says they weren’t sure, they just submitted an order for July.  The whole thing seemed suspicious to me.  Any one else been scammed by their CPAP supplier?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bait and Switch, RESMED Airsense 10 vs RESMED 11
I would rather have a 10. Great track history , bigger blower motor. I’m about to get a replacement for my 6 yr. old 10 and I’m afraid they won’t have any left and I will end up with a 11.

I would go back and get it in a heartbeat!
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m still using my RESMED S9.  I didn’t like the RESMED S9 at first when I upgraded from RESMED S8.  So I understand about switching machines.  Sounds like there are a lot of RESMED Airsense 10 machines still in the supply chain, so hopefully you won’t have any trouble obtaining one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto. The 10 series is still very good.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I chose the AirSense 10 over the 11, after some research on this forum. I love it. It's completely quiet, the display goes dark quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
IF both are aircurve I would not have a problem of it being a 10. But again make sure it is aircurve not air sense
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If you decide on taking the AS10, I would recommend that you power it up in their facility and check the total run hours before accepting it. To display the total run hours, as opposed to the (resettable) current user hours, hold both the bottom bar and the big knob for about 5 seconds, or until the menu changes. Using the big knob, select the "Settings" option and scroll to the bottom, until you get to "About". Select the "About" option and read down several entries to "Run Hours". That will tell you if they are pushing a used machine off on you.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chances are they were trying to pawn you off with a return machine since something like 40% of people return them after only trying a few days in the initial 30. Or it was returned, repaired, restocked and they want it gone. The DME tried to send my wife home with an 80hr AS11 originally. In the end we got a 0 hour machine, but returned it with 4 hours on it. She couldn't deal at all.

In any case check the runtime and only accept a new one
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 10 v 11 kmar92 7 269 1 hour ago
Last Post: LasVegasSteven
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 9 1,734 5 hours ago
Last Post: mintjberry
  Thinking about switching to Resmed F40 FFM buddy0329 7 225 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: buddy0329
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,896 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,635 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 130 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 6 223 09-11-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.