Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel
RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel
I can't wait till my machine arrives!  Smile  I'm having them set it up with your suggested settings, Sleeprider.  Then I know you folks will help me tweak it if necessary.  Alan sees his doctor too, I think next week, and I'm sure the same thing will happen for him.  We are both getting our machines from Easy Breathe.  Actual people answer the phone there and they are friendly and super nice.  I'll probably switch to them for all our supplies.

I'm so happy.  Banana  This happened on my birthday too, so it was like an extra birthday gift.  Alan says probably no one has ever been so happy and excited about getting a CPAP machine.  Maybe so, but that's me.  Dreaming
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, it's a real kick to help someone like you that can really appreciate a change like this, and does what it takes to make it happen. Happy birthday and Merry Christmas.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah, congratulations! I’m also trying to go this same path as you. I’m trying to get a vauto and have it covered with Medicare. In your case is Medicare going to cover this or are you going on a different insurance plan. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightynite,

My insurance is a Medicare advantage retirement plan with United Healthcare.  We have great coverage, and everything except prescriptions has a zero copay, so both of our machines will be free.  I think that Medicare by itself covers necessary medical equipment at 100%, but I'm not entirely sure.  Someone else on here will probably know and can tell you for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Deborah, Yea I have original Medicare and I thought Medicare would request an in lab sleep test with documentation. But it looks like you didn’t need to do that. I guess that’s the difference in original and advantage Medicare. Good for you. I hope this new vauto takes your sleep to the next level.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, Sleeprider told me he used his old sleep study to get his machine too. I don't think you need a new one either. He could probably tell you whether he got his machine free as well. I bet he did.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok , Well I’m going to try that also with my old sleep test, my Dr. Apt is the 22nd so I need to polish up my presentation and documentation. Thanks Deborah
Post Reply Post Reply
I just “upgraded” to an aircurve vauto using original Medicare too - they accepted a sleep test from over 10 years ago, along with my sleep doctor’s conclusion that the regular APAP therapy was not fixing the problem. It’s nice to see others having positive outcomes with insurance too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whyme, thanks for that, especially since your also on original Medicare.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightynite, Medicare covers 80% of DME products and Advantage plans generally pick up the rest. In this thread I covered a lot of it here https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid492189 and you will find more information in the wiki Dealing With a DME, especially the sections at the end concerning insurance and Medicare requirements https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...with_a_DME
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 8 250 10-19-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 318 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101
  [Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations sowo123 3 242 10-10-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Advice on setting pressure limits esperanca 10 668 10-04-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 328 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 166 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  is this flow limitation? shyguy 2 312 09-30-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: shyguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.